Am I being unrealistic/shallow about height?

I'm 5'5" and I wouldn't date a guy shorter than 5'10"...

• Yes, you are shallow
  • No, it's okay

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol. You'll change your opinion. I've met so many women that swear they wouldn't date someone under 6' but they try to date me. I ask them how tall they think I am and they all say 6' or 6'1". I'm only 5'10". After finding this out almost none of them turned around and said well I don't want to date you anymore. You think that you care about height but you probably don't. You just want a guy that makes you feel good and if him being taller than you adds to that feeling then that's what you'll end up going for but his exact height probably won't mater as much as you think it does. So is it shallow? Maybe. But does it matter? Nah

Most Helpful Girl

• its not a big deal.

What Guys Said 10

• You're not, it's your choice, but never say never..
    we don't know what will happen in the future. ^.^

• Everyone has a preference and if you don't want to date anyone shorter than 5'10" then that's your choice and nobody else's

• If its not shallow for a woman to date only tall men then it's not shallow for us guys to reject fat women.

• It's personal preference, that's fine

• Instinctual attraction to taller men. I find it very annoying but at the sametime I understand the biological reasons why women like taller men.

• might be missing a lot of good people if you write all guys off under 5'10". Just saying. by the way i'm 5'10" as a reference

• Why is height so important to you?

• Would you date a bunch of douche bags if they were 5'10" or taller? Don't be too picky about something so insignificant. Get to know the person. As the saying goes you can judge a book by its cover.

• No go for whomever you like

• he might be the one.

What Girls Said 5

• I mean, technically you're being shallow. But the average American male is 5'9. You're only barely above average with those expectations. And lots of guys like shorter girls.

• If you meet a great guy are you seriously going to measure him and say "never mind" if he's like 5'8"?

• If you only date tall guys you can miss out on someone great

• no you're not

• To me, personal preferences are never shallow.