He said he wants to prove how much he loves me by doing this?

Me and this guy have been texting for a while and he has had major feelings for me a while now. And he sas he loves me... but he said be wants to have sex to prove how much he loves me through sex.. I kinda just ignored the comment. But in my opinion I told him straight up that sex isn't love in my book.. well it is but it's not how you prove love. I told him if he rwally wanted to show me he could be in a relationship with me and not have to have sex off the bat not saying I don't want it... I just told him you could really prove it by being okay with waiting to have sex. Then that would prove a lot to me.. my last relationship when we had sex didn't go well. We were pretty much sex buddies and that's it and it was pretty abusive So my next relationship I'm holding off a while before sex. Am I right on this issue that sex doesn't need to be his way to prove his love to me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, it kinda sounds like bs the whole prove your love by having sex, but so does prove you love me by waiting so I say you two were made for each other.

Most Helpful Girl

• I seriously told my boyfriend the same thing. All he talked about was sex when we were flirting and I told him Im willing to do it with you but you've gotta keep it in for while we figure our crap out. And now we have sex all the time. It's soo good but we waited about 3 months to have sex. It was hot and passionate and then I knew he loved me I could feel it. So yea your totally right to say that he needs to know where you stand and where he should stand on the issue. And as you stated if he really loves you he will wait until your ready for that step.

• Can't believe any guy would wait 3 months

• @jmmmfi2. Let's just say the night we had sex first time it was worth it for him. Both of us had already lost out V cards before each other. So we had some practice. He told me it was worth the wait !!

What Guys Said 1

• Of course you're right. Don't buy into what he says, and be sure that he doesn't only want you for sex. Go out with him for a while, and if he can't stay in the relationship without sex, he's not the right person for you.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah this is a cheap tactic he's trying to use to get you in bed. I hate to say that but I have heard this very line more than once: dude is too impatient to wait so he tries to attach false emotions to it so that you (the woman) will run into it thinking it'll get you to the ultimate resolve: love.

• i think you're right!