Can you date someone who is really bad at texting?

I find it frustrating to date someone who doesn't respond to text well-delays, no replies... etc. What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• If it was arbitrary conversation, I could deal with it as long as he made up for it in other ways. But, if he did that when I asking him legit questions etc..., I would nope out. I don't want someone to ignore me for the hell of it or because they can't be bothered.

What Guys Said 6

• if our relationship has good communication in other ways. like direct communication or calling each other I couldn't care less about a "bad texter"

• I hate texting so I prefer someone like that.

• that's why i hate texting most of the time and social media. my advice is to call. cuts a lot of the bull shit out of the way. trust me.

• I prefer to text it when the conversation is small and not of real interest. Better to talk over the phone and even better in person.

• Women do this shit all the time and wonder why men move on.

• Yes. At the same time, if all she did was text, I'd tell her to hit it. People who constantly text 24/7 are "weak". No balls to talk one on one.

What Girls Said 5

• if I'm into someone i invest time into them. ill go out of my way to talk to them. if they really can't care to do the sam consistently then it becomes harder for me to build any sort of deep connection with them.

• I would rather Skype/calling in general. Texting isn't a huge deal, but if he can't communicate with me at all, then it's a no go. I had a boyfriend who rarely texted me, but our communication was terrible. It was a huge reason I broke up with him.

• I would date. It is not a big deal. He can improve himself; you can lower your expectation a bit. You both need to find a mid point I am saying.

• I can't even be friends with someone who is bad at texting, it's obnoxious.

• Yupp. I prefer phone calls or seeing each other in person.