Should I date to just get experience and have a little fun?

I've always wanted to date to be in a relationship. After dating someone for two months there is no one that stands out as girlfriend material. Not that they aren't good enough it just seems like so many girls who are similar. Should I start dating just to get experience and have fun even if that's not really who I am? I've always had girls that stand out and seem special, now there is no one like that. Should I just not date? by the way I have very little dating experience this relationship I got out of was my first.

Most Helpful Girl

• No! I would say just wait untill you find the right girl for you!;-)

Most Helpful Guy

• Date and enjoy the moment you will know when you find the chosen one

What Girls Said 9

• Sounds like you are like me a bit. Personally I would invest time in to developing myself and education/career and be open to finding a SO; but dating just to date is exhausting especially if your "Just not that into her".

Plus bonus when you do find someone awesome you will be a catch and have more to offer your dream girl:)

• You have to date a lot of people before finding a keeper.

• That's why I'm a Pua/player supporter. I'm going to groom my son to be a master heart breaker:)

• If that is your intention you should make it clear to her so as not to lead her on

• I think you should date 'cause that's the best way to find a woman who does seem special. Dating is that process by which you get to know someone and figure out if you want it to be even more than that.

• don't let time pass you by

• i would wait until you meet the right guy...

• Well it depends on what you want. If you want to play and have a little bit of fun then keep dating. It gives you more experience anw and you get a deeper understanding of your likes and dislikes. So yea keep dating, socializing is fun:D but if you are a serious guy and feel that this is a waste of your time, then don t.

• The whole point of dating is to have fun and see if this person is someone you have chemistry with. You don't just date someone who you can jump into a relationship with. You don't even know if you or she wants a relationship until you date. I think you have your definition of dating wrong

• You can do that but it might backfire and you might meet a girl that stands out as girlfriend material but she will not see you that way and seek someone else. I'm not saying it will happen immediately but it will happen if you date a lot of women just to be dating them
    There are women who date just for experience too
    Some guys want to try before they buy meaning have sex before a relationship but a lot of girls know some men do this and will not be as open to dating for fun
    Especially if you see fun as sex too

What Guys Said 9

• Yes but not just to get experience , you should do it with at least the hopes of it meaning something and lasting but you'll probably have many anyway before you find the right one

• That's basically what I'm trying to do. It kind of sucks. I'm just hoping I can find a girl I really like, and not just tolerate some time soon. lol.

But don't get discouraged. It's hard to find what you're not looking for.

• I still date for fun and see where it goes. Don't be closed-minded if the right one comes by. But yeah, casual, adult, mature dating is fine.

• Finding that someone special right off the bat is extremely rare. Best to go out and savour the different types so you can find out what you truly like. Then you know who you are looking for.

• Call me crazy, but is that not the point of dating?

• Shoot til you run outta ammo bud !
    Just like how Irish drinks until there's no more. left. for. anyone else...

• Thats mostly what dating is about. And you are picking the girls so go for a different type of girl.

• date to be serious and still have fun and still be moral.

• Yes. Take a look at this.
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/live-feed