Girls, if you like a guy will you hide it unless he makes a move?

Or will you try and hint to him you're interested. What do I need to look for when girls are hinting?

28

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll be flirtatious so he gets the hint

• Really obvious or subtle?

• That's my only issue I can never tell the difference between flirty and friendly lol

• Long gazes, body language, touching, smiling, running figures through her hair, flushed face, at a loss of words... Good god man wake up 😝

What Girls Said 27

• Yeah, I always try to hide it to avoid awkwardness since for the most part I know I don't stand a chance anyways. I've never openly expressed to a guy that I like him.

• I'll definitely try to hint. It's a very slow progression.. hint more and more and if he still hasn't made a move though seems like he's interested, I'll try to work up the courage to just ask him to hang out one on one on my own.

Things I'll do if I'm hinting that I'm interested will of course always try to look nice. I might be a bit more likely to have lots of nervous laughter even if something's not that funny. Wear tops that show a bit of cleavage so that he knows I'm interested in him more than platonically.

• Hinting with not much Hymning nor Hawing, and this is a good way to make his day and see that I might Be... Interested.
    I do not have to be so obvious that if he is smart he won't take a helpful 'Hint' @Rioco. And if we are both on the same page, this will work nicely, for then, we both can Begin our own Beguine of letting one another know that there may be more in store.
    Good luck. xx

• Yes but not always
    Aggressiveness is ramped up for guys I consider higher on my "want him" meter

Hinting to full out asking for a date are degrees of aggressiveness
    Hinting = ploys to capture, then hold a guy's attention long enough for something to happen, so evaluate actions they do in this manner

• I wait for the guy to make the move just because I'm a pussy to make the first move, but if she goes out of her way to do something for you, smiles/blushes around you and is extremely nice then she's definitely into you. 😛 Good luck

• It really depends if I want to date him or not.
    If I do, I might try *subtle* hints like making eye contact for a long time, trying to be around him more; basically anything to get his attention.

If I'm not interested in dating him but still like him (it happens), I probably won't do anything about it. I might even deliberately avoid him so I don't give off any wrong impression.

In terms of knowing a girl's interest level, ask yourself this; is she around you a lot (in your vicinity)? This is pretty much the main indicator.

• They may flirt a lot, smile a whole lot when with you because they make you happy and I'm personally shy so that's what I'd do. I'd also make sure I'm around him a lot.

• I would not hide it exactly, but I am bit shy and awkward so I wouldn't want to embarrass myself if he isn't interested.

• Yeah we do that and if we feel u don't catch on then we will initially start conversation

• I'm usually a bit of a shy person and in the past I have tried to play off my attraction towards a guy. However, I would have to say that I have changed quite a bit since then. Nowadays I'll try to give a guy subtle hints that I'm into him by either texting/talking to test the waters, smiling or subtle touching.

• If I like a guy it's probably not a huge secret. Here's what to look for:

- Prolonged eye contact with lots of genuine smiling
    - Playing with hair (I do this 24/7 but some people swear it's a sign, so I'll add it)
    - Subtle touch (she touches your hand or arm lightly when talking or laughing)
    - Leaning in
    - Sitting close (possibly so close your legs or arms touch) especially if there are other seating choices.

• He needs to make a move. Girls may hag out will you a lot, laugh to your lame jokes, smile and brighten up when you're around often.

• Pretty much yea. Im scared of rejection and im still gainging confidence. But it seems like guys have way more confidence because they don't care about much so I usually leave it up to them but after they make a move I will flirt back to let them know the feeling is mutual.

• Nope. If I like a guy, I will just straight up ask him out.

No "hints" or anything, because that's counter-productive and stupid in my opinion.

• I cannot talk for the whole female community, but a lot of us try to hide it.
    However, there are things that might be obvious hints like: she keeps playing with her hair or her fingers or caressing her arms; these show she is nervous (in a good way) around a guy. Also, if she smiles or laughs a lot, espeacially at things you say, this is one of the most obvious hints a shy girl can give you.
    There is also the eye contact. This can be tricky. A lot of us try not to make eye contact with you while we are talking. However, we still keep searching for it. Yes, I know, I told you, this one was complicated. But if you make eye contact and feel this sort of electricity and she stares a little before blinking away, she is into you. No matter what games she might be playing, or how hard she may be trying to hide it, she is into you.

• Once and a while I hint but not until I get a good feel for the kind of person he is and I'm totally sure I like him. Its usually really hard to tell when a girl's hinting because we're all pretty different in nature. But touching her hair a lot, smiling at you, looking at you or talking to you more than she generally would with a guy she doesn't like, or seems very interested in what you have to say when you're talking to her are some universal ways of hinting.

• Yeah usually I do hide it.

• Women smile a lot, flirt a lot, get touchy, compliment you, or ask you to hang out (especially if it's alone)

• I won't hide. Life is short

• Why hide it? That makes it less likely he'll have the guts to make the move?

I maintain eye contact, extend the conversation, maybe touch him, "aren't you going to ask for my number?"

• I hide it well. Not on purpose though. It's just how my personality is

• It depends on the girl. Some girls (the ones with confidence) are more likely hint/flirt. Other girls (the shy girls) will just watch and wait for the guy to make the first move.

• Ill make my opinion quite clear without being obvious

• Oh great we can sit and chat and have tea.

• Yes. I would like him to make the move first

• Oh! I've hinted so many times to this one guy... But he never made a move or asked me for my number. So yeah I guess I like more the aggressive type when it comes to approaching.

• yes i would most probably hide it coz he might not like me back. But if he is friendly with me then I would try to talk to him and get closer.