Would you still continue to date them?

Lets say you're casually dating someone for a short amount of time and during that time, they hook up with other people. Would that bother you? Keep in mind that you never had the talk about being exclusive or anything. Would you still continue to date them knowing they had sex with someone else?

A part of me cares but at the same time, I can't really blame him because we're not exclusive so I guess he's allowed to do it...

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• If it was discussed and understood between the guy and I that it would be casual dating then I would be okay with it. I really wouldn't have a right to be upset if he was seeing or hooking up with other females. Until the couple mutually agrees to become exclusive then both people are free to see and do what he/she wants. If someone is uncomfortable with that then perhaps seeing someone causally isn't the best option.

What Guys Said 3

• If your not with the guy, as in a committed relationship, and no one you or him has ever mentioned being exclusive, then guess what all you are is dating, all dating means is going on dates and hanging out, and sure having sex why not. I don't know why but some of you people are not understanding what it really means to date.

Let me break this down for everyone, your not in a relationship with him, sure your talking to him, but that doesn't really mean anything at this point, just means you like each other and your keeping it casual. So your right you can't blame him for dating other women, you said yourself your not committed to him and you haven't even mentioned being exclusive, therefore no strings are attached.

If you want to be with him, then all you have to do is mention something like I only want to date you and not other guys do you just want to date me and not other girls. At that point you are still dating, not together yet but your not seeing other people. The final step would be a relationship.

• Dating is the process of figuring out compatibilities. I personally wouldn't assume that someone I'm dating has automatically made themselves exclusive to me just because we've gone out to dinner a few times, and wouldn't assume that I must be exclusive to her either. It's important to know what de-facto agreements you're getting into, but in this case I don't think that exclusivity can be assumed.

But given that, since you are still dating and thus figuring out compatibilities, and this seems to bug you, you'd be completely within the bounds of reasonableness to identify this as a personal non-compatible point, and use it as a reason to stop dating them.

• It would bother me a lot.

What Girls Said 5

• girlfriend, please! that means you don't matter to him at all. you're just there. and he says that in your face? gosh what a douche. If he has any respects for you, the LEAST (and yes, the least) he can do is not mention it in your face.

But seriously, if I was just suspicious that he WAS dating around, I'd stop, ask him and see what his opinions are, if it's bothering me even a tiny bit, done deal. DUMPED!

because if it bothers you a tad bit, chances are it IS a deal breaker situation (us girls try to not be as assertive as we should be when it comes to problems like that). Plus, hyour gut feeling gives you the most reliable answer; the part that you said: "A part of me cares..."

Know that you deserve a man who respects you and cares about you! good luck

• It would bother me if I had just started dating the guy and he didn't come straight out and say he was just looking for something casual. I think for the most part, when you start going on dates with someone there is always the hope that it will turn into something more. If this was the case, that would probably be a deal breaker for me.

However, if he had mentioned he wasn't looking for anything serious or just wanted something casual, then I would not and could not be mad, because he put up tat red flag from the start.

• so are you having sex with this guy? if so that's really stupid.

if you're both casually dating then you need to be casual. he shouldnt be the only guy you're dating, and you shouldnt be sleeping with him.

if you're not exclusive then you can do what you want but if you're not his girlfriend don't give him the benefits of being a girlfriend without actually commiting. why buy the cow when you get the milk for free? if you care then you should have the talk with him. if you don't become exclusive then drop him. sounds like he might be a player and you might be a doormat though!

• Well you're the one that's in this 'relationship?' I don't know what to call it, so if you are comfortable with him having sex with others then that's your choice, and if you care/ dislike him doing that, then dump him!

It shouldn't have rules, like he's "allowed" to do it.

I say make your own rules.

And if he wanted an exclusive relationship he probably wouldn't be sleeping with other women?

Find someone who respects you a little more, :) best of luck!

• that depends on how much I like them and other factors, like the type of person they are