Girls, and Guys, How to find someone before it's too late?

I'm getting on in years for a female. I'm 27, and I know women who are 36-41 who aren't married yet. I don't want to become like them. As the years pass, I start feeling OLD and getting more negative about dating. It seems as though the men in my age group at work aren't interested or are married/seriously dating. I don't really meet men my age outside of work. They're all older. Any advice for finding someone for a serious relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry, but I have to respond. At 27, you are NOT "getting on in years." I commend you for being realistic and not swallowing the b****** about you can have kids "anytime." At the same time, 27 is not anywhere near old, it's EXACTLY the average age for first marriages in the United States. That means half of the women are getting married at your age, AND half are not.

As far as advice on getting married goes, my advice to you is the same I give everyone. It's a numbers game. You have to date in order to have a relationship, and you need a relationship in order to marry. SO: sorry, but you have to date.

The other thing that I see among the 40+ unmarried crowd is the constant: too old, too young, too short, too skinny, wrong race, not earning enough BS. Here is an exercise for you. Take the male population of wherever it is that you live, and Google to find out how many maen meet your criteria. If it's less than 1000, then your criteria are too strict.

Most Helpful Girl

• I found my guy through Facebook, we use to know each other in elementary school. I would try friends of friends and maybe even some internet sites. Good luck with that, I have a few friends in the same boat. But if it makes you feel better, marriage isn't always that great.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I know how you feel. I feel exactly the same way. (I'm 27 too cus my age on here is wrong) but yes I know what you mean. The guys around my age are either married or in stable relationships. The ones that aren't are not exactly marriage material. So.

I do agree that the solution is to go out and date more. But I hate he whole process of getting to know someone from scratch. It's tiring and you'll never really know someone until you've been dating for at least a year.

If I'm lucky, I'll hit the jackpot the first guy I date. If I'm not, who knows how many "tries" I need to find the one. Let me know if you know what to do

• Have you tried dating sites? Based on rankings, zoosk. com is chosen and rated 5 stars by 98% of users. Match. com is also ranked well at 96% of its users. I would consider them.

• I did try OK Cupid a few years ago. Went on 3 dates, but I didn't like any of them in person

• I'm sorry :/ stay positive! God has a plan for everyone. :)