Should I give up already before it starts?

I want anyone who share their opinion to be brutally honest and try to picture this. I'm going to be very detailed about this (and no it's not weird). So, there is this girl I like she is a light-skinned girl, about 5'9' (just like my best friend), she's super skinny but not close to anorexic, she's a cheerleader if I'm sure, she has a lot of friends (most of her friends are my close friends that I hang out if I had no one else to hang out with), she has a dark brown almost black hair, it's short cut, and I assume she's introverted/extroverted. (Rebecca)

I'm a medium weight guy that looks fat from the side, dark skinned, 5'7", I never played a sport because I'm not good at all (and no clubs because you have to be a certain way to join in), I have a few amounts of friends, too much hair on my head (times it's picked out and sometimes not), I be picked on by a large amount of people, always be doubted by everyone with given a chance, very prone to get rejected by any girl, my best friend's wingman, and I'm very introverted.

And my best friend is super skinny like the girl, 5'9", dark skinned, he looks very similar to me, he's plays basketball and do track, he's very speedy, he has muscles (but not buff), he's trying to get with the girl and I am his wingman, he has a few amount of friends (because his friends are mainly popular), and he's introverted/extroverted. (Manny)

Who is going to have a better chance? I'm going to add a poll, but I want an opinion as well. And I'm going to leave names as well, but not full. Just nicknames.

• Me
  • Manny
The catch about my best friend he doesn't even talk to her. I only talked to her a little bit. So think wisely on the decision.
Should I give up or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not gonna give you some politically correct bs, I'll be honest. She's more *likely*to like him, but it is still very possible that she could like you as well.

Kids in high school are more focused on image. They get in relationships with people they're expected to like, and they use these relationships to feed their egos. Yeah you can have a genuine relationship in high school of course, but generally, those relationships are shallow and products of infatuation, or a means to stifle insecurities. Or even just because they think they're "supposed" to be dating because everyone else is.

So if you go through all of high school single, you aren't missing out on much. When you meet someone you sincerely care for, take a leap of faith and tell them how you feel if you're ready, but if not, don't go looking for love. Let it find you.

And another thing you need to know is that she isn't perfect. She may seem perfect but she isn't.

And you are beautiful and amazing in your own ways.

• What I hope you do is learn to love yourself. if You don't like something about yourself, change it. If it can't be changed, accept it.

• Maybe he's not a good friend.

• He usually do that to show off to the popular kids. I know about his past when he was in the same problem as me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Manny has a better chance.

I've seen your postings for over a year now, and they have one consistent theme. You have zero confidence, and you highlight this in every posting you make.

While a few younger (<17 year old) girls might find your introverted nature endearing, most girls will not. The lack of confidence is a real turnoff to many girls, and it doesn't matter whether you're tall, dark-skinned and handsome. Your personality and lack of focus will drive them away.

You seem to think girls are attracted only to looks. If this were the case, fat ugly obese men would be single their entire lives. Yet, many of them have girlfriends. This should tell you that girls like a man for something more than pure looks.

You need to step up your confidence game to get anywhere with a girl.

What Girls Said 11

• I think Manny has a better chance at the moment because she sounds sporty so they already have something in common and it seems like you aren't very confident in yourself, if you're unhappy about your built, be motivated and make a change and that will shine through your personality plus you probably won't attract bullies as much if you shift some of your insecurities. They target you because they see a weakness, rise above that and make a change for the better and you will feel so much better and grow with confidence and more than likely meet a nice girl.

• Everyone says that Manny will beat me dominantly without even trying. But, girls at my school cares about the way you wear your clothes. I have swag and get compliment by people, he wear classic style clothing.

• Well, every girl has different preferences, so there's no way for me to tell who honestly has the better chance with her. My guess is, the one who actually asks her out first has the better chance.

Here's a story. When I was a senior in high school, I really liked a guy. I thought maybe he liked me back, but I couldn't tell for sure, and he never pursued it. A couple months later, his best friend comes in and I end up liking him too, and then he asks me out very quickly (to which I say yes). Later I come to find out that Guy 1 liked me all along. SOO let me get this straight.. I liked him first, and he liked me first, but I end up dating his best friend? Just because he was the one who made the move?

Anyway, I ended up voting for your friend in the poll. Just because I think he'll actually have the guts to pursue her.

• I think you shouldn't be so pessimistic, not be anyone's 'wingman', gain some confidence, and if there's something about you that you don't like, start making changes.

• I say Manny, but not for your physical reasons. Let me elaborate.
    You are describing yourself as to explain why you are never going to get the girl. Just by thaat, you already lost her. You are not throwing yourself out there. Yes, I understand, you are shy and introverted and use to large crowds picking on you. I understand how hard it is for you, because I am the same.
    But you cannot go around letting everyone else step on you. Trust me, I know. Just give it a try with her. Try to be her friend, try talking to her and try teling her how you feel. She migh reject you, but, hey, the no is already there, so what have you got to lose?
    So, mainly Manny would have more chances of getting Rebecca, because you are giving them to him. If you really like this girl, you should do something stop thinking and whining about how bad it may result. Sorry if that came out too harsh. but you asked for the brutal truth.

• neither of you if you guys do not talk to her it is all in the personality.. women do not date pretty faces just to date them

• No one at my school cares for personality, if you look good then you're worthy of dating.

• Until you get some self-confidence, Manny is probably the more likely pick.

You should've predicted this outcome just by how you worded the question!

Man up and go get that girl!

• You described each of you mainly physically. This doesn't mean you don't stand a chance. If you want to try go for the girl then go for it. At the end of the day it's her choice if between the two of you.

• I hope you get your dream girl

• I might be wrong, but you seem a little resentful -> "he gets praised for the exact same thing I do." Resentment & low self esteem is a big turn off.
    If he really gets praised more than you for doing the exact same thing, then YOU need to analyze yourself about how you come across to people. There are tons of variables that you can control that can make a difference.

The way you are advertising yourself now I would choose manny. My advice would be to first focus on you own life. Find a sport you can be passionate about, work on you self esteem, try to meet new people, have ambition in life. And THEN the girls will come.
    I don't know how you look but don't let your appearance be an excuse. There are tons of guys who are ugly af who can get hot girls.

• How about I made another question, but only on personality. There's going to be a total change.

• Take a risk, put your heart out there, it will win the girl.

• manny for sure.

• Of course... he always beat me in everything long shot. Even the things I'm good at, he's way better. He get praised for doing the same exact thing as I do. He maybe a speedster, I can catch up but slow down once I catch up. Like I wonder if anyone every think that I could at least have a chance.

What Guys Said 6

• Whoever talks to her and lets her know you're interested has the best chance. The one with confidence wins. Since you didn't tell me about Manny's confidence other than you being his wingman it sounds like he's more "alpha" than you - so he's got a better chance.

Big up yourself a bit. Make yourself feel great. If you feel like you're the man then you won't really care whether you get rejected or not - because you'll think "oh well her loss..." and move on to the next conquest. That's how you win.

• Stop comparing yourself to him and just go for it. You have nothing to lose by trying.

Stop commodifying yourself and other people, and who's better than who and just live your life. I cringe every time I read descriptions like this.

• Manny, simply because you lack confidence.

• why are you wing manning for your friend who is trying to get with the same girl as you?

• Better know what she likes in a guy

• Quit being a pansy about it. Instead of thinking about will he win or will I win say screw that I'm the winner.