My significant other doesn't seem interested in college education but I am. What do I do?

Im in a jr college full time and will be graduating in a couple of months then transferring to a university or cal state. My parents didn't go to college and I saw the outcome of that. I'm very determined. My boyfriend on the other hand seems more satisfied with his job at the moment and if he does go to school he's thinking vocational because it's quicker.

I want us both to have degrees. I don't want to be the one making the most money in our future. I'd rather it be equal or him making more so he can feel like he's providing maybe? What do I do about this? I've talked to him about it & he agrees but I don't really believe him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Having a college degree is only one way to get to green and doesn't guarantee you will make more than him. The question to ask him is what is his plan. Also, you make it sound lime you are doing this for him so he can feel like he is providing. I'm guessing though this has more to do with how you feel and what you want from him as the provider.

Most Helpful Girl

• You do what you need to do and let him do his.. If things are meant to work out they will. Don't sacrifice your future. Let the chips fall where they may. Above all don't get financially untangled with his debts.
    For profit education isn't cheap

What Guys Said 1

• Lots of high paying jobs these days don't require college. Is it money that you are concerned about or are you more concerned about being with someone that does not have higher education?

What Girls Said 4

• Well depends, if you just want to make money then you don't need a college degree, lots of jobs pay well even without one! But if you want somebody to care about education, give you deep conversations, engage more in the intellectual side of life, then yes I would want a man with a degree.

• Let him do what he wants its his life. But you never know you might never have financial issues in the future or you will. But he doesn't want to do it then he not going to do it.

• Just because you have a degree doesn't mean you'll be making more money than him.

• Wow you can't change a man
    He deserves better