Guys, how to get a guy who said he's not ready for anything to be ready?

How do I get him to be mine? He initiated flirting sending flowers and saying things like I'll be his and love him etc. we hit it off and I visited him. He lives in another state for now. He treated
me like a girlfriend while I was there. Not like your typical hit it and quit it I guess you can say. Very loving, buying things etc. when leaving I asked what this was that we had and asked if he wanted to try something. Said he wasn't ready. Friend told me he was cheated on and he told me he doesn't trust. How do I get him to be with me since obvi the connection seems there? Or could be seriously not be ready and still want to have a gamble at life with eveeything

1

What Guys Said 1

• "He treated
    me like a girlfriend while I was there. Not like your typical hit it and quit it I guess you can say. Very loving, buying things etc. when leaving I asked what this was that we had and asked if he wanted to try something. Said he wasn't ready. "

^seems like he actually loves u and he cares about u... yet he's not ready startin a relationship u know... perhaps for his own reasons...

(maybe he might've been deeply hurt in da recent past... )

" Friend told me he was cheated on and he told me he doesn't trust. "

^as i assumed then... did it happen recently?

" How do I get him to be with me since obvi the connection seems there? Or could be seriously not be ready and still want to have a gamble at life with eveeything"

^better WAIT for him till he's ready... otherwise if he never feels commitin again... then move on and keep him just as a friend...

• Thanks! I do think he has feeling a for me but yes may not fully be ready. Maybe wants to live and still have some fun before settling down. I'm not sure when he was cheated on I think more tha. 3 years ago. He also had a girlfriend I wanna say for 2 years that they broke up maybe a year more or less. He offered for her to move in with him when he moved across state and pay for everything but her own inhibitions held her back so yes the trusting aspect is also there. the last week I haven't contacted him to give him some space and when I texted him he just answered just busy. Not sure what's going on but I said miss u so we wi see what happens. Really hope he is ready one day soon. I ready like him and see something good happening with him.

• well yes. on Sunday night it was just him saying about my picture saying if i was playing poker without him. The yesterday it was about hockey and what we were doing and just random stuff. Its not always flirty with us but im going to try and see if it will be tonight and see what happens.

• ok sure... ;)