Girls dating guys shorter than you?

Have/would you? And if you're a guy have you dated a girl taller?
I met a guy and he's a little bit shorter than me. I'm tall so I didn't care but my friend pointed it out as a negative and now I'm second guessing.

• yes
  • No
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend is shorter than me. Two inches or so.
    It's fine. People stare, not sure if it's because he's Asian and I'm white or because of the height but I've mostly gotten over it. Trying to look at it more like 'FUCK YEA my boyfriend's shorter and he's more than enough for me nevertheless.'

People will always find something to judge in a negative light, be it your race, being in/out of your league, height, weight, etc.. Just go with whatever makes you happy and ignore the haters.

What Guys Said 15

• I don't have a long enough life span to give a fuck about height 😂

• Why do you care what your friend thinks? If you're fine with it, go with it. I am 5'4 and I would date taller girls.

• I would love, love, LOVE to date a girl taller than me, but I never have. If you like the guy, date him. Fuck everybody else. Not literally. Literally, do the opposite of what I just said.

But seriously, why does your friend's criticism matter ONE IOTA? She's doing HIM a great disservice.

She's doing you a great disservice, too.

She's probably just jealous.

Secretly, all girls hate each other and want each other to die. It's true.

• Seriously, your friend pointed it out, so you are second guessing. I think you need to reassess your priorities?

• I have dated one girl that was taller and she was sexy af
    Those legs omg!!! 😳😳😳😍😍😍

• I'm 191cm / 6'3", so I rarely encounter a woman taller than I. I'm pretty sure that I'd get over the novelty of the height differential quickly, so why not.

• I have and would again.

• and then women complain when we expected them to have big breasts and a big ass. It goes both ways.

• Lol that's fair enough though, I have good genetics but everyone needs to be attracted to the person they're with.
      I'm not hugely tall, just taller than most of my friends. I think I'm 5'7, so I guess he's an inch or two shorter

• @asker Yeah, I am pretty tall and women always get angry at me when I say I prefer big breasts and a big ass. You are actually very tall for a woman. I am 6'1 and at your height you are 3 inches above the average height for a woman typically unless you live in one of the Nordic countries and if you wore heels you would be about 6'' so yeah you are very tall but your friend is an ass for pointing that out because you guys if your man in shorter? That tells you what kind of character your friend has.

• Everyone has their type. Some guys like petite girls so who cares. People are so sensitive nowadays lol.

Anyway for my country I'm slightly above average. I have a few friends taller, it's mostly just Asian friends etc who are a decent amount shorter. I'm white with English and polish background

• yes...
    and she was amazing.

• Shouldn't be an issue for me xD

• I don't know. I'm 5'7.

• youtube. com/watch? v=pirSM5IjosY

• Only in her heels, otherwise, she must be shorter

• 3inch taller max haha my preference at least ;)

• I have dated girls taller than me - I'm not particularly tall, 5'7", though I guess I'm taller than most girls. It didn't work out with any of them, but I certainly wasn't bothered by the height difference (and I don't think they were, but who knows).

• My ex was the same height as me- 5"7 as well
      So my friend was like ohh he's just like your ex you have a type 😒
      I guess I shouldn't give a f what anyone thinks though hey. Bit petty.

• I think if you're happy with him than it shouldn't matter. Who cares if other people are attracted to your partner, that's not why you date someone.

What Girls Said 12

• Yeah, height isn't a deal breaker for me. I've dated guys shorter than me before, and one was super tall, like 6'7". It depends on how the guy makes you feel... if he's a good guy, smart, funny and cares for me then that's all that matters really.

• I'd date a guy shorter than me but only if it was like 1 or 2 inches, more than that probably not. Oh and I'm 5'5.

• I have, but I'm not comfortable with it. I prefer at least 6' and over, but love 6'2 and 6'3 the most. I am 5'9" so pretty tall for a girl.

• I would date a guy shorter than me, but I would prefer not to. This is only because I am very short myself at 5'2" in height.

• No, but because I'm already short. If I were tall I think I wouldn't mind dating shorter men.

• Height is one of those 'must have things when dating a guy' for me. I'm only 5"5 so anyone I date has to be 6 foot something. I don't care if he's NFL bulky or NBA slim as long as he's tall imma be good.

• I wouldn't, it's one of the biggest deal breaker for me, I'm only 1m68 (5"5) so if a guy is shorter that means that he's way shorter than the average and I would feel like I'm his mom or I'm dominating him

• Yes, my current boyfriend is shorter than I am, and I love it.

I don't understand why some people are so obsessed with the guy being taller than the girl.

• Have, no
    would? Yes

• I'm the median height for a guy, so of course I've dated men shorter than me - otherwise I'd miss out on half the men on the planet, which must include some really great guys!

• I would rather date a taller guy but I would date a shorter guy.

• I won't date shorter than me and they need to be at least 5 inches taller than me.