Is it normal for a 27 year old guy to actively pursue 18-19 year old girls?

i have a friend who kind of "dated" an 18 year old girl at 25 years old. they werent official but he like hooked up with her and took her on dates during her senior year of high school. They don't talk anymore but now i see him again actively looking for and talking to college freshman. i think he finds them on tinder. im highly concerned about his behavior.. im not sure if its normal or what. why would he do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've almost always done the inverse; being involved with women even more significantly older than I am. Generally speaking, I find older ladies and older men easier to talk to and be friends with than those younger. Though I'm not typical, I'm pretty sure that I'm not pathological. :)

Which means that there is a similarly legitimate reason to prefer those younger. That said, it is usually far easier to emotionally manipulate younger women than older ones simply because the older ones have the benefit of experience and professional stability that is impossible for someone in their late teens/twenties.

If the deal is consensual, casual sex without any sort of emotional arm twisting, cool. Everyone should be able to have fun with whomever they want, however they want. Manipulation and/or abuse are a different story, but don't jump to that conclusion without real evidence.

I'd happily hook up with a freshman if I ever came across one that I found really interesting and pleasant to converse with. That seems quite unlikely, though. When I took a course at the local community college a few years ago, I ended up sitting with and working on projects with a group of real 18-19 yo freshman.

They were quite cute and their dedication was honestly impressive, far beyond what I displayed at that age. But they dynamic was one where I was more of a mentor than a peer. Indeed, the only person I ever spent time with outside of school was the professor, whose family ended up being from the same city in India as my dad. That, and he was a political junkie as I am.

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of guys who only want sex will go after younger, more naive women because it's easier to convince them to do stuff a lot of grown women won't do with a casual partner. They're also easier to talk into sex in general.. easily duped..

What Guys Said 15

• normal? well that's a very relative term

it's not beyond the realm of normal for guys to pursue younger girls. they have the advantage of experience and being the older guy (which many women are excited by). a lot of younger people (male or female) are flattered to be approached by an older person so I think people who would go for that stuff are plugging into that aspect of the age differences

• With most guys it's a predatory thing, they see these chicks as fresh and at the same time naive so they're easy to deal with. It's not out of the question for there to be some connection with a younger girl it's not against the law, but if he's all over them and pursuing them hard without any appreciation of the age gap then it screams creep.

• Once I went to college I avoided HS girls. The gap was too big: enough college girls to meet and I never was a cradle snatcher. At 25 I had a masters degree and a wife. At 27 I was manager.

• yeah, they're just looking for some ass and then they're out.

• It's more normal than you think... I mean, it happens more often than you think. Most of us prefer younger girls, but some prefer too younger.

• I wouldn't say it is normal but it does happen. Any man of that age pursuing girls that young is only in it for the sex. Genuinely speaking most 26/27 year old men wouldn't want a relationship with a 18/19 year old due to the likely maturity difference and the completely different stages of their lives.

• Well it's not unheard of. And there's nothing wrong with it as long as he's upfront about his intentions.

• Not normal in my book, just sort of desperate
    act for some sort of comfort that he couldn't find within his age group.

I guess it is somewhat normal since it does happen casually.

This is usually a bad thing for younger men trying to find a stable relationship,
    which is the main reason why I said, not normal. Very debatable though.

• It happens.

• Is it normal for me 18 find 15y old girls mostly? i guess I don't have a choice, they seem to be attracted to me and I somehow don't see it as that weird. I feel like he just has some setup in his mind that tells him he has better chances with younger girls. I also like milfs but I didn't come to have one till now

• When I was 18 I used to date a 15 year old guy. Simply cause the guys in my year at the time were irritating fuckers and the younger guys just all seemed attracted to me and nicer... Ahaha I dunno I got much more respect from them cause I was a bit older. But yeah, I think its normal, 3 years younger is the minimum for an 18 year old though in my opinion :)

• @Rainie_ when I was 13 there was that 18y old girl I had chemistry with. Good times 😊

Age is just a number? Lol

• Why not?

I mean, their bodies, their choices, right? And 18 year old girls are adults and not dummer for being female, so they can make their own choices, no?

• That sounds a little creepy!

• Yes, it's normal. We all like 18-19 year-olds physically, no matter the age.

• Not less normal than liking feet or some other kinky shit.

• It's normal if he's just going after sex. If he's just flirting with no intention of anything, I'd say it's a bit odd, like maybe he needs some sort of validation. I'm 23 and I pursue girls who are 17 and 18 all the time, but I do want things with them. I don't do it just to see if I can get a response.

What Girls Said 4