Would you marry someone to give them the green card?

If its for some important reason, like continuing their education and stuff like that

Most Helpful Guy

• i was offered money to do that once and i declined. i'm not even sure why but then i went and got married for real like a dumbass and that only cost me money. the irony of it smacks me in the head everyday.

• Hahaha that's funny. So do you think i should help the guy out?

• probably not. whatever money offered probably isn't worth it, but it's your decision to make.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would, if it'll help someone to study or get better life? I would do it, people need to start thinking about helping others, having a USA Nationality doesn't make you the world owner sorry but IF I WAS THERE AND SOMEONE ASKED MY HELP I WILL ACCEPT WITHOUT ANY MONEY..

What Guys Said 30

• I seriously considered doing it once. I don't remember the details, but I think I came right out and offered it. This was not 100% about a visa though. We were pretty close, so it wouldn't have been a total sham. I wouldn't have gotten married otherwise, but I could have seen living together.

If you are considering doing this, I'd be very careful and make sure you know the guy very well. Even if you think it's for a green card, it's still a legal marriage and all the things that go with that.

Also, you know that even if you get married, a green card, or even a visa is not automatic? You would start with a visa and you'd have to sponsor him. Meaning you have to show financial responsibility to support him. It's not much, but you do need some income. Once you get a marriage visa, the green card is still not automatic. It can take a while to get one.

• Marriage fraud for the purpose of evading US immigration laws is a felony and anyone convicted of this crime can be sentenced to a prison term of up to 5 years.

Would I do it? Hell no!

• i can't say 100% that I wouldn't consider it but my feeling at the moment is that I wouldn't

there would hve to be very specific terms negotiated up front for me to consider it

• no lol. that's their fucking problem, not mine.

• Funny you ask this question, because my uncle in law, paid a girl to marry him to get a green card for america, and she did it. I think if you pay someone a nice amount of money, you might get someone to do it for you.

• What if i want to help that person with no money?

• America will have people who will benefit their country. If you have something unique to offer them, you will get in.

• Well you have too look at what are the effects on you. Are you going loose anything by doing it? If no, then I would do it. But if its going to cost me, and affects my future, then no way.

just make its not going affect in any form of way. If he is just going to get a green card out if , then do it.

• No, it can be a serious issue. Not worth the potential problems from doing it

• Nope, cause chances are they would be using me and could dump me afterwards.
    How would i know they were marrying me for real love?

• NO, unless they are fine with me having four wives and they are from saudi arabia. If so , that is my fantasy.

• I wouldn't do that.

• In order for someone to acquire a green card through marriage, they have to live with their partner for at least 2 years. That's a huge commitment and I'm not willing to do that just to get someone in the country.

• Ummm... nope, I believe there is a lot of extensive effort and forms involved in proving that you are not just trying to get someone a visa. I believe there are hefty fines also, if the border police find you out!

• This whole anchor baby/green card marriage thing is just something white Americans say to make themselves feel good. Truth is, people stopped doing that a LONG time ago.

• Would that affect how other girls see me cause I feel like I could do that bullshit.
    I want to help people who really deserve a better life in my eyes but if that person comes asking me for it I wouldn't, it has to be my choice to do that shit. I want to help if I see the person is truly cleansed and not just a dickrat

• The person has to pay the marriage stuff!

• I feel that marriage is just some stupid promise that is obvious so maybe it makes more sense to use it for this, maybe.
      Will he loose the green card if you get divorced? If not its cool

• I don't know how it works actually

• My Eastern European co-worker married a crack addict so he could become a U. S citizen. My class mate in college was gay and from South America he paid a woman 10k to marry him so he could stay.

• no. Do it the right way and stop being lazy.

• It's not for me. I'm actually the one who wanted to help my friend.

• There's a market for that

They usually would offer money... if heardpeople offering up to $50000 to do a fake marriage

• yeah, but they better pay up somehow

• lol no I wouldn't marry someone with that sole intent.

• Absolutely not

• I'd imagine girls would never do this but men would

• if they pay me xD also: could i divorce directly after it?

• No. I would never.

• I don't have a green card. I'm safe!😂

• Yeah! Sure why not?

• No I wouldn't to that.
    I may try and help in other ways but not marry them to get one besides as the world's government agency's watch this site I wouldn't.

• No. It's already hard enough to find a suitable partner, much less marrying someone who is openly gaining from the marriage.

As a man, I'm already likely to be financially devastated from marriage. Why only increase my risk? Fucking stupid.

• No, it'd be like having sex with a prostitute, just to get rid of your virginity, seems silly

• Why would anyone want to come to the West with free and equal women? Except if they're in the countries torn apart by terrorist groups secretly funded by the West.

• No way. Why would I go to US when EU is 2x better?

• Wo7ld I have to lie to the athorities at any point

What Girls Said 13

• Yes as long as we were open with each other about it. There are far worse reasons to get married that people do all the time.

• No. Please do not do this :(

• Oh my gosh, no.

• There must be some waiting time before the person is able to get to the country and the person sponsoring him or her also needs to provide proof they were dating and visiting them in their country before granting a visa to them.

• I wouldn't do that if I were in their place..

• ummm marriage is sacred for me, so no

• You can get paid around 10 grand for doing that (there is a big market for it). That would be illegal though, keep in mind.

• I wouldn't marry someone just because of that. I would marry someone because I love him and I'm attracted to him.

• no. marriage isn't a game to me. i take it very seriously and its not a favor i would do for someone

• Surely not. If I'm going to marry somebody it will be because of love.

• ew no, I only want one marriage, and that is for love.

• Hell no...

• Nope. There is enough flouting of rules to get into a country only to destabilise it from within. It's love or nothing.