He slept with someone while we were talking?

He admitted to liking me in May and then he went on a summer vacation for three months. We didn't talk consistently but I gave him the benefit of the doubt since he was on vacation. We went on our second date and he admitted to sleeping with someone at the beginning of his vacation. I know we weren't dating but it still hurts since we were trying to form a relationship. We're still in the not quite a relationship phase. He said he wouldn't date/sleep with anyone until we figured out what we wanted. I'm a little hesitant to get in a relationship with him. What would be the best way to proceed?

Most Helpful Guy

• True, he didn't really do anything "wrong" but he wasn't too smart. If you want to start a relationship you can't sleep with someone else, even though it's not cheating, but it doesn't help build a relationship.
    I'd be very hesitant if I were you, don't trust him. If I was you I would stop talking to him, cause the trust is completely gone, but if you still want to try, take it slower now, keep going on dates and talking to him, see how he acts.

What Guys Said 4

• From a guys point of view, if you aren't in a relationship then you aren't in a relationship
    . While you are trying to form a relationship you are really testing the waters to see if you are compatible and then take it to another level of commitment which would then imply exclusivity. I personally don't see a problem with that. While I can understand you might feel this way it sounds to me like from what you are saying here that he is being straight up, he's letting you know that he's not jerking you around since you have talked about it and he's giving you space to decide what you wanna do. It sounds pretty reasonable to me. Why not go out with him, feel things out until you get more comfortable?

• You weren't even dating when this happened. He had no obligation to you at that time and you had no obligation to him. He didn't even have an obligation to tell you about it. . . but he did. Let go of this and give the relationship a chance.

• Don't act like girls don't do that. We all talk to several people at any given time. You aren't dating, you aren't exclusive--he isn't obligated to you. I know it's a situation you can easily get jealous of, but just realize that just about everyone does it.

Just connect with him if you really like him and start dating exclusively.

• It's hard to say at this point. I'm in a similar boat, though not sleeping, cheating seems to be something my girl has done before. Anyway, the best thing to do is not get too attached, and be prepared just in case he says no. If he says yes, be a little skeptical for about the first month until he proves himself. All I can really say is good luck.

What Girls Said 2

• dont get in a relationship with him.

• I agree with most of the guys about not being exclusive or being in a relationship BUT..

He made a mistake. Why he told you he was not going to date/sleep with other people and he did. I have trust issues so that's a red flag to me.

He was honest because he told you what he did but you don't know how many times because even he said once you just don't know.

It' up to you.