Should I confess to my boyfriend about something that could hurt our relationship?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 10 months now. About 2-3 months into our relationship we got into a huge fight that broke us up for 12 hours. I lied to him about me talking to my ex and snap chatting with him. Although I never cheated on him. But one thing that I didn't tell him was that my ex was sending me pics of him laying down and saying stuff like "come lay with me." I never told my boyfriend that... And now it's like haunting me for some reason...

Im afraid to tell my boyfriend because I know he will break up with me over that. And we love each other so much that we agree to forget about the past. So my question is... should I bring this past back up? Or just move on? but how do I stop it from haunting me?

Thanks so much!

Most Helpful Guy

• You broke up and immediately started sexting an ex that would raise alarm bells for me personally, for starters it sounds like the only reason you didn't sleep with your ex is because there wasn't the time within those twelve hours and you were obviously intending thats what I would think if I was your man. I don't know what you may do dishonesty is never a good thing in a relationship but then again if I was your man the fact that you waited this long to tell me and the fact that we had only broken up and like a monkey you went looking for another banana. #thesegirlsaintloyal

• No no I think I may have typed that wrong this snap chatting thing happened BEFORE we got in that fight. He found out that I still talk with him and we snap each other here and there

• So should I just leave this past behind?:/ I haven't talked to my ex since then and I don't intend to...
      Thanks so much for your response by the way

• Yeah if your current man knows then leave it and delete your ex of social media and lose his number that way your man knows that your committed to him long term as your only guy and erase any doubt or fear about the relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• hmmmm so your broken up for 12 hours and you instantly talk to an ex , that doesn't sound very smart why would you jeopardize your relationship like that. .

• I may have typed that the other way the me talking to my ex happened before the fight did... when we broke up for 12 hours all I did was cry all day... Nor did I talk to any guy

• I lied because I didn't want to hurt him :/ but now I realize that I should've just told him the truth. But it's too late now. That happened in January and we're almost going to be one year, so I'm digging up my past here... so should I just leave it be? I feel like if I told him, the bad consequences will outweigh the good...

• I would if there's no contact at all, just always be honest in future.

What Guys Said 2

• Doesn't sound like a good relationship if you think he'd break up over something so trivial. It's not like it is your fault your ex sent those pictures.

• Thanks so much for your response I appreciate it!

• Using that reason for a break up is actually kind of pathetic of him. What you did was nothing wrong and me personally, would love the truth and would love it even more if you told me that you didn't flirt back.

What Girls Said 2

• Tell him. Dishonesty will dismantle a relationship. Plus you will look horrible if he finds out some other way.

• If you feel that guilty try to tell him using twisting facts means tell him he was texting you, sending you pictures but you did block him and you did never answered him..