Is a guy with 0 friends a deal breaker?

He says its because he never met someone that likes the same things as him before until me. but I'm not sure if him having zero friends is going to be a problem or not.

• yes.
  • no.
interesting that most of the guys are saying its not a deal breaker while most of the girls are saying it is a deal breaker. looks like I'm not the only to see this as a potential problem.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow as someone who has zero friends I'm a little saddened by the results of so many saying it is a deal breaker. I had lots of friends growing up but after high school I went to a college no one else I knew went to and my family moved so in the summer I didn't see them. I eventually just fell out of contact with everyone and since then I haven't made a huge push in making new friends just because I've already had that in life. I just focus on doing my hobbies (a lot of which are ones that don't just have me locked up in my residence.). I know how to make friends but that doesn't mean I have to have friends. Oh well guess all that's going to get looked past for some arbitrary superficial number... :(

Most Helpful Girl

• It all depends. Having 'o Friends' could be problem down the love line when you find out he is not too sociable and he has these problems with his personality that many may have troubles in dealing with.
    Giving him a chance is the best from the rest way to find out. However, in talking with him and sharing some time, you will be the Final decision maker in the end with the "o friends."
    Sometimes in the Beginning I rather find it a charm. It shows he is not the kind who is looking and lurking.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 16

• Becomming socially adapt could begin with you. But having no friends should never be a reason for judgement. He has proved he can make friends by getting close to you. Would you rip up a lottery ticket without checking it first? X

• Why would you care do you want him to spend all his time with his male friends going out to night clubs and all?

• Whether it's a dealbreaker is something you should be deciding yourself. Dealbreake aren't objective. Is it a dealbreaker for you? That's all that's importsnt.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it. I mean it's unfortunate for him, but I don't see how that's such a problem relationship-wise.

• No it is not automatically a problem. Give him a chance he may well be a great guy.

• if you like him it shouldn't be a problem

• To your update... girls in my experience are very very judgmental about things... everything matters... security, money, good looks, penis sizes are like deal breakers half the time.. and how friends too

I'm not surprised considering girls have it easy in the dating world... overweight girls get guys all the time but it surely isn't the other way around.. spoiled I guess you could say

It shouldn't matter... don't listen to these women

• I would hope not because I'm that kind of guy. Except my story is different.

• there could be many reasons, like new in town, or different social circles which he's not keen to introduce to you guessing you could be judgmental, most guys have less than 5 really good mates, even the one who throws a party with 30-50 people, a colleague of mine has like 3 friends rest all acquaintances

• If he doesn't want friends, it's fine.
    If he wants friends, but can't get them, it's awkward. It's a little awkward.

• I don't think you have to worry about him depending on you being there 24/7. If he is anything like me, he is used to not having lots of people around. If anything I'd think you would have the opposite problem.

• I am not a very social person and I don't think it should be a deal breaker. There are bigger issues and at least this is transparent enough that you already know what you are getting into from the beginning. There are upsides to it too. He is more likely to be there when you really do need him, he probably doesn't spend money on very much so he will have more to spend on doing nice things with you, and there won't be drama from his social life.

• deal maker. most girls over look these kinds of guy... and they end up with abusive, rich, cheating psychos who gets everything handed to em.

• How is that a problem? It's his personal life, and if he chooses not to have friends I don't see how that affects you.

• He might get too dependent on me to do stuff with him. everyone needs their space time to time. especially if we decide to just start dating.

• Too dependent? What a wonderful girlfriend you are...

• again, everyone needs their space. even too much of someone you like can get annoying if you're not in love with them. I'm just afraid that he's going to get too attached in the beginning and its going to drive me off.

• I made a joke of me having no friends today, lets see if there is someone who cares about the shit I say or tought I was being serious

• Trust me, guys like him are extremely picky on who they socialize with. If he gets bored with someone, he just stops attempts on socializing with them. It's not a bad thing, but rather a good thing, lets him avoid the idiots and haters.

• If I person has NO friends, then that is a big sign of serious issues. If he doesn't have ANY friends, it's pretty certain that a relationship will be a failure and very unpleasant.

• zero friends ever or currently? if ever it might be.

What Girls Said 9

• Well... it depends. I have a lot of friends and if the guy has no friends, then it is likely he's not the most social being. I need a social person, so I would probably be a little turned off by the lack of friends. Of course, I'm not going to completely rule the guy out.

• Nope. I like introverts. They might in fact just be a selective person. And that determines who they let come into their life.

• I'm an introvert and I agree, I don't need or have a million friends, just a couple really close good ones, but I still have friends. We're talking someone who has no friends and if that isn't by circumstance (i. e. they just moved some place new) it would be cause for a little bit of concern, introvert or not. I find it hard to believe there is just no one on planet earth that they could be compatible with.

• We will have to agree to disagree on this

• The truth of the matter is, if you like him and you're sure there aren't any bodies in the trunk (check. check often.), then of course his lack of friends doesn't matter, but I think the danger in situations like this is that he may cling to you and all your friends or be possessive of you or your time, or that he may be anti-social and unable to get along with your friends. If none of these things bother you or are not true, then who cares, be happy, date, marry, whatever friendless guy.

• I'm sorry, but I'm very independent and if I am all that you have in your life, that will be too much pressure on me. I won't be allowed to do anything that I enjoy without you and I am just not about that life. Bye.

• I would think it's a deal-breaker. It definitely goves away some red flags.
    1. He's not really able to make friends and so not really able to hang out with your friends and family.
    2. He will not be able to do anything if you're gone. Some extreme jalousy and clingyness will come out of that.
    3. He must be an einzelgänger and so needs a lot of alone time as well.
    4. Tbh I would just think there would be something wrong with him.

• Yes, you would be his sole social interaction and he would suck you into it. If he has no friends then when you're together it will just be you 2 all the time, and then he wouldn't understand when you went to hang out with your friends...

• At first it won't be a problem. But think about the seriousness of the relationship. If you want it to be a long-term relationship, then it will start becoming a problem. Think about it, I am assuming you have friends. You might want a night alone with them, and he might not be able to get it because the only person he has is you. So he might start throwing jealousy tantrums or stuff like that.
    I wouldn't go as far as to say it is a deal breaker, because a lot of these lonely guys are actually very sweet to the person they care about, so I would recommend for you to talk to him about this. In the event you started a serious relationship.

• that's exactly what I'm worried about. we're still kind newish friends that flirt so I'm going to hold off on talking to him about it. great advice though. and yeah, I'm looking for a long term relationship.

• Yeah, that is a very good idea. First see how the relationship develops, and then decide if it is really worth the complication. And you are welvcome, I am glad to be helpful.

• Honestly it all really depends

• Zero is a deal breaker = doesn't know how to be a friend
    1 or 2 is ideal = they like few but deep friendships that could include me
    Lots of friends = they like many but shallow friendships, ergo mine would either be lost among them or treated as expendable