Why does the guy I'm "dating" take hours or a day to text me back?

I have been on three dates with a guy. Before the third date, I rejected him for 2 weeks because I had categorized him as a player, due to "red flags" - and I tried to forget him. He must have asked me out at least 4-5 times. He once took 26 hours to reply to a text, where I didn't ask a question, but a reply was implied. I always texted back quickly. Another night again, he took 2 hours to write back, while I saw him online on the dating app many times during that time. He definitely wasn't busy. We don't talk much in between dates, but he's eager to see me so I assume he's interested. I have cancelled on him a few times and told him I don't think we're looking for the same thing, and he's said to me that he really likes me, but he's not gonna "force" anything and he takes things as they come. And that he's obviously very attracted to me. If he wants to see me often and is a huge gentleman when we are together, why does he take FOREVER to text me back? By the way, I've initiated the texting once. He initiated basically all of them. I can't help but feel he's playing games.

Most Helpful Guy

• Does he invite you out everytime he texts u? If not, I think he's just fooling around. Move on, pathetic

• everytime you text him, does he invite you out
      (Typo error...)

• Sure, that's not something I'm used to - but I've accepted that. What bothers me is that he waits anywhere between 5 minutes and a day to text me back. Like today, I texted him in the morning (11 am) to tell him I might not be able to see him today because I have to help a friend with something. He said that's no problem, I'll go to soccer practice instead (1 pm). At 3 pm, I texted back and said we should play together sometime abd asked when he's done at practice, maybe I'll have time to swing by his place afterwards. It's not 5 pm and still no reply. Irritating!!!

• now* (I started taking longer to reply only because he did it, but my times are still significantly shorter)

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he doesn't want to come across overly keen, he's probably trying to play it cool. Or, he could just be a really lazy texter! A lot of people read a text, and intend to reply quickly but then get busy doing other things and eventually you realise you never actually typed out your reply... I do that a lot.

If he's still dating you and initiating conversation he's still interested, just a bit lazy with texting :P which isn't always a bad thing either some people prefer face-to-face contact over messaging a lot

What Guys Said 2

• He has told you he doesn't want to force anything and yet you are forcing him to respond on your time line. You need to slow down, stop sitting by the phone and carry on with your day.

• He either isn't that into you or ain't that into you or has a girl or comitment

What Girls Said 1

• Some people aren't texters. It's not necessarily good or bad, but they just aren't that attached to their phones. My ex hated how long i'd take to reply, but half the time my phone wasn't with me or it was on silent because i was working or doing stuff. Just because you carry your phone around doesn't mean you check it. But I don't know