Avoiding an awkward silence?

Basically I need something to talk about or say that will loosen my crush up on my date cos at the moment whenever we talk the conversation just sort of fizzles out, and we're left in an awkward silence. Does anyone have any ideas? by the way I've already talked about the usual; favourite music, films, food, school etc... We talk okay over text and snapchat, its just we've spoken over snapchat so much we've kind of run out of things to talk about in person. Plus I think she's quite shy which doesn't help :/

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask her a lot of questions and don't be afraid to share personal things with her as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• texting and snapchat is convenient because you can stretch out conversations. like i've had a week long conversation with my friend over text and i sent about 5-10 texts tops. plus, they're shorter so you aren't telling so much information at once. so when you're actually together face to face, it goes by a lot quicker. i actually have the other problem. I don't know. just pick something out that she said and then ask a question about it. or if you're curious about something, ask her.

What Girls Said 1

• just keep talking about random things.

What Guys Said 0