Why do people think I put a fake picture?

I'm registered on a dating site and some people think the picture I put is a fake picture. Why would the think that?

Most Helpful Guy

• try reverse image searching the picture. maybe other people are using it or something.

or, they might just be saying that because they want to talk to you and don't know what else to say. Hard to come up with something to say to girls on a dating site that would elicit a response. Antagonism, at least, has a chance of getting an annoyed response, which is still a response..

• Not really cause one time I messaged the guy first.

• hmm. then they probably consider you 'too hot to be using internet dating'. That's all I can think of. Well, maybe if your photo was taken professionally, they might assume it was something you just pulled off a modeling website..

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had someone say that to me once. Only once like, but I took it as a compliment. I just said to them, listen someone has to be that person, and I am.

And people are more aware of catfishes than ever now, so if something looks too good to be true, people are gonna start assuming it is. Or perhaps they image searched the picture, it's usually not hard to find if someone is using a fake.

What Guys Said 13

• They prolly think there's no way you really look as good as you do in the picture. Could you post the pic here? Then we could better find out why

• Hmm then me going anonymous is going to be kinda useless lol

• Oh haha good point. Well I'm sure it's a compliment on your beauty nonetheless 😉👍

• probably too good to be true. who cares though lol. if its you its you and all those people who think its fake are missing out right? fuck em'

• Some of those people are actually interesting lol. I'm just pissed. It is their loss but it could be mine too

• meaning he never even wanted to give you a chance in the first place

• Yeah, that's right. Thanks! Xx

• Just google search a picture and see how many times it pops up. Pretty easy to tell if it's fake. So if it's fake don't complain. If it is not, then maybe put a variety of pictures up that show you in different settings/outfits.

• I did try that but they showed me different people lol

• too good to be real in 99% of the cases

but there is an easy way to fix that. just make a selfie where you hold a note with your username on it ;)

• Maybe you're too beautiful to need a dating site?

• I don't think so though. I think people have to be model-like-beautiful to be like that. And I honestly don't think I am.

• Don't underestimate yourself. I think with a modest personality like you appear to have, you are definitely a lovely lady! Don't forget, some models are not attractive to a lot of men. They are models just because a specific few guys think they are attractive. Most do nothing for me!

• Maybe it looks too pro or they saw it somewhere else.

• Picture looks too groomed, there's only one picture or they all look like they're from the same time period.
    Best bet is to replace it with a selfie, an unposed shot taken by others (I forget the word for that), and a posed shot taken by others.

• Perhaps they think you're too attractive or something

• Put that picture here, and we will let you know if it looks too staged, etc.

• shows the picture and then we can tell

• They're probably jealous of the picture.

• Why would guys be jealous like that?

• Guys sometimes put things down when they can't believe it. It's too typical.

• put here too. let us consider :D

• :D dont worry ı can't find your name or address with your a pic :D but well... then just send me :D:D

• Maybe post several other photos of yourself. If you just have one and you look really gorgeous in it a bunch of people will think you just pulled it off the internet somewhere.

• This website only allows one picture :/ it does suck

What Girls Said 5

• Maybe they think you're too good looking to be online dating?

• Ask them and maybe someone has hack your picture and using it to scam other people.

• People usually think that when they see a picture of a pretty girl online. I think it's ignorant of them to assume you're faking if they don't have any proof.

• clearly something must be of when people react this way.

• Post it here and I'll tell you