It seems that every post I read about a friends with benefits relationship involves someone getting hurt because they have feelings that aren't reciprocated by their partner. I have the impression that the friends with benefits status was created so that people could justify having sex sooner in a relationship without any sense of guilt (I know that most people don't feel overwhelmng guilt about having sex) and, if it didn't work out, they could back away and say, "Well it wasn't really a relationship to begin with. . .." So, why would you have/have you had a friends with benefits relationship?
- I have had a friends with benefits relationship just to have easy, available sex.Vote A
- I have never had a friends with benefits relationship, but I would with the hope that it would turn into something more serious.Vote B
- I have never had a friends with benefits relationship, but I would try just to have easy, available sex.Vote C
- I have started a relationship as friends with benefits so that I wouldn't feel as hurt if it didn't work out.Vote D
- I have had a friends with benefits relationship with the hope that it would turn into something more serious.Vote E
- I have never had a friends with benefits relationship, but I would so that I wouldn't feel as hurt if it didn't work out.Vote F
- I have never had a friends with benefits relationship, and I never wil.Vote G
Most Helpful Girl
I tend to believe that the majority of friends with benefits situations out there are really about one of the two people settling for less than what they really want because either they hope it'll grow into something more, or they don't believe/know they could get better.
I also think if a gal gets into a friends with benefits situation with no feelings, there's a high likelihood she will develop feelings because females are wired differently than males. Our hearts are connected to our hooha. Men's hearts aren't so connected to their members.6
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Guy
It's fairly common to see girls start a friends with benefits situation because they want the guy to eventually "fall for them" or if they do it with the idea it's just going to be sex they often start getting emotionally attached afterward due to the oxytocin which is released in women during sex.
Guys more often than not, see friends with benefits as sex without attachment. Easy sex with a female you are not interested in being with but is willing to have sex when asked. It is not often that guys "grow feelings" for a girl who is willing to give away sex without effort.9
- Show AllShow Less