My ex boyfriend has started texting me when he only broke it off last week. I am confused help please!

My boyfriend of 14 months broke up with me over the phone on New Years Eve. He has been pretty vacant the last few weeks after I was sent a suspicious text by him which I suspect was not meant for me and he could not explain the content. Apart from this text incident we have had an amazing wonderful union. The attraction and love was mind blowing and we have been away on holiday ourselves and with our combined 4 boys 6 times and had a pretty fulfilling relationship. This text has really been the 1st sign of major trouble. He refuses to discuss it other than saying it was meant for me which it clearly was not. I popped in to his last night for 10 min to discuss him collecting his things and handing in his key etc and he appeared cool and detached. However I have just received a text saying "It was nice to see you last night. You looked great . X" Should I read anything into this ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly? He feels guilty and he's trying to low the blow by being complimentary and nice. It's human nature. If people had a clue after a break up, then they wouldn't say anything when they screw up. The only time they should say something is when they really mean it, and they want to invest their future in for the long run. It looks as though your guy has possibly lost interest or has been couring another gal. I'm not an investigator, but behavior speaks louder than words sweetie. Calling on New Year's was NOT classy. Although, there's never a good time or day to break up. Let me say that I had a text sent to me by my ex while we were dating and it definitely wasn't intended for me. Oh, but he denied it the whole time. "What are you talking about? This was sent to you!" I just laughed because I knew it was a mistake. A mistake that was sent directly to my phone. How silly could one person be?

• Thanks for all your comments. I am trying to be objective about the whole relationship and I don't want a liar or a cheat in my life but letting go is soooo tough as overall we were having such a good time. My circle of friends are awesome, I know I'll get through this, just getting tired of investing so much in relationships and getting nothing back! Take care all x

What Guys Said 3

• Simple he's trying to make you jealous. by sending those text to you when its meant for someone else.

Good Luck.

- Harvey D

• nope his done and moving on he has found closure, move on and do not return anything in calls texts or emails even if he prompts it. you'll hurt for a bit but you deserve someone that can be there for you in whole and honest!

• huh?

this dude is weird.

seriously.

he's a loser.

forget about him.

What Girls Said 3

• I agree, ignore him. I know it's no fun playing games at our age but I guess sometimes it's necessary. I would keep myself busy, go out with my friends, join a bowling league...Have him pick up his stuff and get your key. That "cool and detached" to could also be a cover for guilt. Good luck! Cheers

• They never grow up. I agree with the other postings...don't buy into his game. Ignore his text(s) completely.

• trying to make you jealous. very lame. just ignore it and act like you never even got it