Have you been in a "dating dry spell"?

I recently started grad school and decided it's about time that I consider dating. I've never dated because academics was always time consuming. My new school is much smaller than my undergrad college, so it's easier to make friends, right? Turns out it's too small, and I'm not attracted to any of the 5 girls in my department (at least 2 are taken anyway). And in the larger class I'm taking outside the department, everyone avoids social interaction for some reason. It seems like the sports club I'm in doesn't interact with the girl's team at all. I'm ready to date, but there's nobody available who I'd like to date.

Have you been in this kind of position? What ended up happening? Should I settle just to try dating? Should I try one of those blind dating apps?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• The school year has only just started so everyone is in that awkward stage of trying to figure eachother out etc so just give it some time and you'll probably begin to bond with your class mates from the larger class over time. Plus why restrict your dating circle to college? I'm sure there are local places where other people from different colleges hang out ect? You could always try speed dating? Just get involved in as many activities as possible to expand your social circle and that in turn should increase your potential dating circle. Even if you dont meet anyone, it's kind of nice to just enjoy being alone and you are a lot more stress free and able to concentrate more on your studies, plenty of time for dating after college. Good luck!

• Plenty of time after college? Not what I've heard for my career path (tech industry). As for other activities, I do draw, so maybe I can take some adult art classes. I probably won't be able to enroll in one at school because I need to get special approval from my adviser, and there isn't much flexibility anyways with the required classes. I've always assumed speed dating is rare outside of movies and never considered it. I'll look into it. Thanks for the advice.

• Okay not bundles of times but you have the evenings free so just organise time for studying and time for socialising. Speed dating is actually just a really fun experience and it's already an ice breaker in itself so I defo recommend it. Aren't there other activity clubs out of college in a near by town you could branch out in to? Good luck, if you put your mind in to it and try and think where your 'type' of girl would hang out just focus on that kind of area. I think going out with friends is still your best bet.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 2

• been on a dating dry spill since the day I was born
    starting to believe in my great great grandmothers words our family is curse

• Funny, but convincing yourself of that won't do any good.

• it's true all women and men on my mother side are either unhappily single or unhappily married

• I'm available for dating lol

What Guys Said 2

• Yes but I'm weird in that I don't usually care about relationships or dating until someone shows interest in me. The rest of the time I'm pretty whatever about the whole thing lol

• Yeah my whole life.