Would you date me?

I need honest opinions and please no trolls, I have a low self esteem. I am 17 and have a 2 year old daughter, who is my world. She and school take up most of my schedule but now that I'm graduating soon I'm wanting to start dating again... I miss guys. If you saw me (I'm not gorgeous but not ugly like a 7) with my daughter... Would you assume I'm just not worth it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep. Kids are not a dealbreaker for me...

Wow... I feel old for saying that. lol damn

Most Helpful Girl

• Being in another relationship shouldn't be a priority right now, sweet pea. I believe when you become a little older and the boys wise up a bit, you'll meet some-one great for you and your daughter.

• You're right, sometimes I just feel like I missed out on young dating :) but she is worth it!

• Yes and good luck with the graduation 😊

What Guys Said 26

• You're 17 and have a 2 year old daughter. Fuck no, you're nothing but bad juju. Peace out, bean sprout.

• Thanks for your honesty

• I'm sorry that happened. But my position doesn't change. I would not date you, you don't have the capacity to give love to both a child and a man. I know, I've dated women with kids and the man is always the last priority generally coming after a family that she doesn't even live with. I'm still kicked in the balls from my last experience with that. I do regret what I've said regarding your life, but I also can't understand what you're going through as I've never been someone that people just flock to and want to fuck. I'm sorry, really I am, life is going to be hard but don't let people like me kick you around. Find your strength in yourself not in the words of others. This is the best I can give you, but you'll make it through.

Peace and good luck.

• Thank you, I wish you the same.

• Thing is--

most guys have a strong aversion to taking care of another man's child. It's a genetic trait--the men who want to spend their energy raising another man's child literally go extinct. So, most men do not want to raise another man's child. No doubt this fades at 30 or such to a degree, but still...

And you're a teenager. You're literally not old enough to vote, even. So the double problem is, you'll be dating guys who are younger, and absolutely have no desire to be in a father position or date a girl that is already a mother. Men 18-24, or so, are in the mindset that the girls they are dating are at their most carefree, happy stage possible. They are the least likely, in truth, to want to date a single mom.

• Yes I would date you or someone else with a child if we get.
    It's not going to change who she is just because she has a child/children.
    Just believe in yourself.

• Honestly, no I wouldn't. Apart from the fact that I'm too young to be with someone who has a kid, your daughter will always be the priority in your life (as she should be) but in new relationships things like that take a toll.

I'm sure plenty of guys would date you, chances are a lot higher if he has his life together financially among other things or if he's also a single dad.

• Makes sense

• Lol it's normal to feel that way, even I feel impatient for my next relationship :P

• People are mean online lol

• having a kid is not the stigma is was say 30 years ago, difficult now yes, but that effect will wear off as you get older, most men early 20's plus will not be put off by that

• i dont think you should be worrying about relationships at 17 in my opinion let alone the fact you have a daughter. I went to school with a girl who was in the exact same boat as you and after she graduated her and her best mate (not the father of her son) became good friends again (things got awkward from her last relationship.. obviously). Two years later and he is going out with her. i'm pretty doubtful either of them were looking for a relationship but nature took its course and life is what it is. Don't take offense to this please but a lot of guys are afraid of getting in relationships with girls who have kids as they question if they will be able to provide for them and theyre partner etc. Hope this was in anyway helpful :))

• I would not date you. I have never had a girlfriend and I don't want my first to be with a family. But I otherwise would totally date a 7. Hell, I would date a 4 under the right circumstances.

I wouldn't assume "you're not worth it," but I would assume that you are in a much more advanced place in your family life than I am. I would have to forgo a major part of my life to date you (that part where you are one of two and you are all about each other). If I dated you, I know that there would never be a point in time where I came first in your life (outside your family -- the one that created you, that is).

If I already had a child, or had even been in a relationship with someone it would be a different story.

Don't worry about your low self-esteem. It will come and go. Work on earning your self-respect.

• I would not. You were 15 when this happened, there's only one way I would not think of it as the girls fault, if the girl was raped. But even then there is abortion or adoption or so, this kind of feels like MTV teen mom and the girls there are not attractive to me

• Yes I would, I'd also be very caring and loving. It would still be hard with a kid though!

• If you can love me and be loyal with me then I really don't care about anything else 😶?

• I would date you.

• I'm sorry but no. I wouldn't date anyone with kids, regardless of age.

• HELL NO!!!

i'd run away from you so fast, usain bolt would get jealous.

• We should get you in to the olympics with OP behind you.

• 17 with a 2 yr old daughter? most guys your age would not want that.

• I'm sure there are guys that want to date you, the problem is that they're are not gonna take you seriously. Dating someone with a kid is very difficult at any age. With your low self esteem be careful not to let guys take advantage of you.

• May I ask where the daughter's father?

• Complicated, sorry

• I didn't realize we were on a date. I would've dressed up a bit. But that's your choice not to disclose that information. It's also my choice to choose not to date someone.

• I agree

• post pic please.

• lol we all know from your content that you're all about the pics..

• @R3d_Anonymous well you can't really tell if someone is attractive or not if you don't see them.

• I wouldn't date you. I'm 28 and still have no kids because I have other goals in life. Plus, I'm looking forward to raising MY children and finding a female with similar goals. Doesn't mean there isn't guys out there that wouldn't.

• I would probably give it a shot, if you were above 18... though my parents would have been very displeased...

• The daughter wouldn't put me off

• No reason at all not to date you. As a 7 you would be very dateable

• The moment you said "2-year old-daughter" is the moment you killed many boners.

• yes i would. you may want to seek out men who are in their +20 they are more open to it and most should be working so helping out with a child of a girl they love won't be too much of a problem

• If you're white and your daughter is also white, then yes I would date you. Because I prefer to date white women. However if you were a non white woman, then I wouldn't date you, and if you were a white woman with a mixed race daughter, I wouldn't date you for that either.

• Well thanks for honesty and even though we're white we're not racist.

• If your where 23 or older I would

• can't tell without a pic.

What Girls Said 2

• Post a picture of yourself.

• i m ready to go on with u for date