I like a girl but she has some issues.. are they legit or am I just picky?

I like a girl but there are two things that are keeping me away from making a move:
1) She is snobby and I am not.
2) She has serious family problems that I would never want to get involved with. Plus, just hearing about her problems makes me sad. So i cannot imagine her problems to become a part of my life (IF we get in a relationship).

Are these two reasons legit for me to forget about her and move on?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on how severe they are. Her being snobby might just be a defense mechanism due to her family issues. And apparently she isn't constantly snobby. Get to know her a bit better and see if it's really worth it.

If you do get together you could always tell her that you'll be there for her but that she should take up the really bad family issues with an actual therapist. That is truly what she should do, she can't expect all of her friends and her boyfriend to be her emotional tampons when shit truly hits the fan, that's something only a professional is well equipped to handle.

• This makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Both are significant issues. I'm to the point where I really have to question whether or not to date a girl from a single parent family or a mother that remarried a ton of times. Most of the girls I've dated like this have issues with understanding the concept of loyalty or the value of money. My exfiancee's mom and step father treated her like shit when we went to visit, never again will I let a family do that to their daughter in front of me. We'll be "going to get a drink" and getting in the car and leaving if that shit happens. Which is what I told her to do when we were there and it was happening but she cried all the way home, never fucking again.

What Girls Said 3

• If she's snobby I would be iffy about that. As for family problem, my family is beyond help. I have problems from my family, passed down and because of stuff my mom did when she was pregnant that I am still on medication for and maybe for the rest of my life. When my boyfriend and I were first getting together I told him all of this and he felt the same way, he didn't like talking about it. But he would to make me feel better, she probably needs some one to talk to about her family stuff even if it makes you sad, that could be the reason she's snobby is from holding stuff in. You should give her a chance because no ones family is perfect and I'm sure you have or will have at some point problems she'd take on too. Its the part of being in a relationship that sucks

• True. Thank you so much.

• You're just picky.

What do you mean she's snobby? If you could explain that would be great.
    Her family issues aren't the end of the world.

If you really like her, these things are small and wouldn't interfere with your decision to date her. Go for it! You might regret it

• No, I'd give her a chance. And tell her you don't wanna be a part of her family problems. And yes it's possible you can make her un-snobby.

• hmm. ya that's something to think about. Thanks for your opinion :)

• what do you mean?

• Getting to know her better and then deciding if you wanna date her or not. Sounds like a good plan.

What Guys Said 4

• Snobby? Why on earth would anyone want to be with a stuck up bi***? It's not like her shit don't stink because it does.

• yes. Get away from this bitch. You don't want to be with someone who looks down on people.

• Yeah, I would say they are legit - granted, you've considered trying working with her to help her at least with her serious family problems.

• All families have problems to some degree or another. So, no matter who you marry, there will be problems. It's up to you and her on how to resolve them.

• You need to care her.

• would you say I should give her a chance?