Cooking on a first date? is it too much? the guy suggested to cook for me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmmm. . . I don't know about that. Honestly, the "dinner in at home" date is usually saved for the date when I plan to get it on with the girl. It's basically the date suggestion that says, "we're going to get naked." lol!

• So are you going to do it, QA?

• it was a thought it came to my mind as well. don't know

• What thought came to your mind? My answer above? Yeah, I think you're better off doing something out for the first couple of dates and when you're ready for a date where you'd like to make out with the guy and probably shed at least a few clothes, THEN do the "dinner in" thing. lol!

Then again, I'm a lousy cook. So maybe this is this guy's thing?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think if you are comfortable going to his place and him cooking for you, it's alright. I personally wouldn't on a first date though (just in case you know) but after the first date and so, why not. I think his just trying to impress you so you know his not clumsy around the kitchen hehe

What Guys Said 8

• Sure, I have done it and have also had a first date cook for me. These were not cases of first time meeting the person, having known them from somewhere, but a first date together. I am a great cook and take pleasure when someone enjoys what I have done for them.

So many women complain about men not putting in the effort. Your guy is putting in the effort.

• If you've never met the guy, meet him in a public place. Otherwise, why not? He is probably trying to impress you and prove himself as a potential boyfriend

• That's not what I would go for on a first date, but its really just cooking. If you are ok with it, why not?

• That's pretty sweet of him but do first dates usually occur at someone's apartment or house? I haven't done much dating so I'm not sure lol

• Eh I'd be uncomfortable going to someones house for a first date. It sounds romantic and I'd prefer that over going out for dinner but it's not something I'd do myself for a first date for a girl.

• I said aBang bang bangety bang said a bang bang bangety bang

• It's weird on a first date, in this world I wouldn't trust someone not to roofie me if they are handling me food on date one. I have been roofed before

• That being said hen probably isn't a creeper, but they are out there. It is a bit of a weird choice for date one, but it's not crazy or anything

• that's my boy

What Girls Said 4

• that's nice! go for it! just make sure his cooking doesn't make u swoon so much that he tries to take it too far lol. keep the first date PG. :P

• First date might be a bit much. Although it's a very sweet gesture, he should recognize you may be nervous already and being stuck at his house may only add to that. Better for a third date or later when you are already comfortable with each other.

• Hell yes. Sounds like some good shit to me.

• sounds romantic!