Did I do the right thing to my best guy friend?

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. Basically, me and this guy are best friends. Throughout our friendship there were a few times where we got sexual. However, we both made it clear we weren't trying to date one another. He recently got a girlfriend. There was one incident where we got sexual again even though he has a girlfriend. I know it was the wrong thing to do and I told him that I couldn't hang out with him anymore so it wouldn't happen again. He was really annoyed by this idea cause he doesn't want to not see me or limit our friendship. He seemed pretty sad / disappointed and I can't help but feel that there's a chance our friendship might be lost. Was this the right thing to do or was there a better way to handle this?

Most Helpful Guy

• You did the right thing.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I think you guys could've been friends, but it does take some effort. You guys should get a hold of yourselves or just try to be together if still feels like cheating. Why is fact did you guys restrict yourselves from dating eachother?

• He wasn't trying to get into a serious relationship and there were things that happened in the past that make me not fully trust him. Also since he cheated with me, who's to say he won't cheat on me right?