Does money, good job, success make someone a "girlfriend material"?

• 100% Agree.
  • In part, there are other requests that should be met.
  • Depends on the person, maybe she doesn't make lots of money but she has other good points.
  • Not really, but she should be ambitious.
  • I don't care
  • Other / see the answers.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, frankly.

Men are NOT impressed by that shit. Doesn't factor into our decision-making. That's the sort of thing that's important to a woman. Women =/= Men.

Having ambition is great, don't get me wrong. But it's a *preference* and NOT a requirement.

• and what would be your primary requirements then?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 16

• Honestly, I couldn't care less about money when it comes to a girlfriend, as long as she's not mooching off me completely. I'm no catch when it comes to those things either so it's only fair to expect the same from a potential girlfriend. Still, it's not like I'll date a hobo or whatever.

• No matter what people say.. trust me.. looks matter the most. Everyone is superficial. Guys and girls. Thick and thin. Religious or atheist. Looks are everyone's first priority. We may not be aware of it.. that is true. We may be voluntarily looking for a successful person with good qualities.. but our natural instincts look for looks first.

• If he wants you for your resources then yes.

• No, I don't think so. Less and less, I am concerned about how much a girl makes and her career successes. It's more important that she does things that make her happy. My ex made a lot and never made it seem like a big deal. She always did things that made her happy and the career success with money followed.

• I don't care about those deals, if she is attractive looking and commited to something real and loves me that's what makes her worth my undivided love. She could make millions and be sweet but plain and I wouldn't be interested. It's about physical attraction and if we click after that.

• I don't really care about those, her being interesting, sexual and loyal to a relationship would be my highest priorities for a girlfriend.

• It does not hurt. I prefer an independent woman, and would prefer someone who is passionate about what she does, instead of only doing it for money. I think success should be the total package: job she loves, enough money to cover the bills and some luxury, healthy, good relations with family and friends...

• I don't see any of this affecting you to be more or less girlfriend material. It sure makes you more gigolo material.

Everyone has other stuff they are attracted to

One trait that can be seen as the conclusion of it:
    -independant woman (this can be attractive)

• A girl being happy with who she is makes her girlfriend material but what you mentioned helps as well

• I don't care at all about a girl's financial situation. It means nothing to me.

• Not for me, but reverse is for me 😔

• Does the same go for boyfriend material?

• I like ambitious guys. Not necessarily with all these characteristics, but he should desire more of his life. I have dated guys with lot of success and some of them are a completely jerks, so, money, good career and success is not a primary request.

• No, I am. I can recall having a relationship for one year with a woman then telling her that I never really loved her. What I am looking for has nothing to do with anything. If you want to learn more just message me. because this is getting tiring

• hahaa ok, thanks

• Only if the relationship is about money and resources.

• I can care less. It's a mans' job to provide. It's just a natural thing.

• Not really, I'm afraid. Just because those traits tend to make most women regard a guy as "boyfriend material" it doesn't hold that that's what makes most guys see a girl as "girlfriend material". Don't get me wrong--we like money and job success just fine. But other qualities tend to matter more to guys generally. Certainly to me in particular.

• No. Being faithful, loyal, caring equals girlfriend material.

What Girls Said 3

• No not necessarily. Those things don't make a person worthy unless thats what you want out of them exactly and no more.

• It shouldn't bother you. If you really like someone, their very presence will give you satisfaction

• Not everyone wants the same things in a partner. Some more ambitious people do want a woman with money and connections that might aid them in advancement.

Others want a down to earth type that might not make as much, but is laid back and caring. Not that either of those two ladies can't be a caring, good partner, but people want different things so it's difficult to generalize "what men/women" want.

So I voted it depends on the person and other qualities she posses (in my opinion).