Have you ever been in a relationship but felt like you were really just a FWB?

Like they don't value your opinion or want to get to know you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your not in a relationship if they treat you this way full stop, x

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. I didn't realize that was what he had in mind. He would muddy the waters by hanging out and watching TV, drinking coffee, every great while take me out. It hit me like a ton of bricks what was going on, I let it die a natural death.

• Oohh, that guy sounds sneaky! He sounds like one of the reasons waiting for marriage was invented.

• Well, some good came out of it; his behavior had me so confused at first that I found GaG and asked about it! :)

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, I've had females try using me just to be their toy not going to work

• The key part of Friend With Benefits as opposed to Fscktoy is that there is a friendship there. I've been and had FWBs, and I've always enjoyed being around them even when not getting my rocks off.

FWBs generally have far less in common than deeper relationships, but that is OK. I've got friends that I enjoy doing bike rides with, but who I do not have enough in common with to be bet friends or romantically involved with. We enjoy cycling and talking about cycling at leave it there.

The issue of being treated as somehow uninteresting as a person seems to indicate less respect than I've had with FWBs and certainly less than in good relationships. I hope you can talk about it and be clear about the importance of friendship and respect however far you want that to go.

• No it's happened of course, but never in a relationship

Because I'd never date a women who doesn't value my option or want to get to know me

I just don't see how this stuff happens if you date people that you connect with... the only reason I see this happening is because people date for looks not for the connection.. obviously if he doesn't value you why you with him? Because you find him attractive?

• I put girls in those kind of relationships a lot. They think we are dating when in actuality I am using them for pleasure, such naive fools.

• I was in a marriage and felt like I was a SWM -- sucker with money.

• YES... Like 2-3 years ago.. seemed like the most frustrating relationship I was in... Thankfully it was one of the easiest to get over.

• Yeah you get some time away from them and are like, "What am I even upset about? They sucked and made my life worse."

• Yup.. Those type of people aren't even worth keeping in life.

What Girls Said 8

• Yes my last boyfriend did that to me towards the end of our relationship

• I don't even count it. It was four days long and he only wanted to fuck. Needed him to help me because I was like having a mental break down and he just shrugged it off. Took my virginity too 😄

• what does friends with benefits mean?

• no the 2 relationships I've ever been in were fine, and didn't feel like a friends with benefits.

• Yes and you need to get out of that ASAP!

• Towards the end of a 4 year relationship. He was my best friend but I think I fell out of love with him.
    It actually felt like we were really good friends who had sex. That's when we broke up

But if someone doesn't value me I wouldn't have sex with them. That's just me though

• uh, yeah but
    it was more like we both loved him
    and was more like a trophy, a winggal, #2
    but that deserved support to succeed

• those don't last forever, so better to stiff arm them back to friend zone or further so you have time to shop for an improvement

• Yeah, I just got out of one of those relationships recently, at the start we had a lot in common, looked forward to doing fun things together, etc and then we started to spend little time with each other due to other circumstances, except I would always initiate sex, I think I did it because it was the only thing that made me feel closer to him as everything else made me feel even more distant and opened my eyes as to how dissimilar we really were.