I'm 15 and my boyfriend is 28. Is this normal?

Please don't flag me, I really need to know

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're 18, age doesn't matter. As it stands, it's statutory rape if he touches you sexually in any way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not normal. I would be concerned on his intentions.

• He isn't using me for sex. We have had no sort of sexual activity either apart from kissing. I'm actually the one in control in the relationship, it's the age difference which is the massive problem

What Guys Said 23

• Don't be fucking ridiculous. Of course it's not normal. Why are you even asking? Your "boyfriend" is 13 years older than you. He's got some fucking problems dating a girl your age. If your parents don't know about him, they need to. A 28 year old guy who's interested at a young girl like you is dangerous. Leave.

• He's 13 years older than you... ew... He was masturbating before you were born. Ewwwwww...He was in highschool when you were born. Your boyfriend is a fucking weirdo.

• You are dating a pedophile girl...

• I concur adamantly.

• @GuyBot I know there's another name that describes attraction for younger teens at her age, i just didn't remember and didn't even search. You are right on that, downvote deserved.

• He's not a pervert. We haven't even had sex or done anything more than kiss. He is so genuine

• No, it's not normal. That's unacceptable.

• Ehhhh no it's not normal lol

• Your age 15 , in most states below the age of consent and he is age 28
    a man whose old enough to know better. If you were age 16 that would be
    age of consent right now your not even the age of consent. So yes for now
    it's wrong and not normal.

• It is normal for a pedo , or any one who thinks 10 minutes is worth 15 to 20 years in the pen

• Not at all.. He's a pedophile who enjoys taking advantage of children.

• it's not normal but love has no age restrictions. well, for now it does but as soon as you hit 18, go ahead and date an 80 year old if you want, no one is gonna stop you

• I stopped talking to a girl because she was 17 I was 23. Not normal

• I think you already know the answer.

• no. its also illegal :P

• to be honest no, i don't think that is right until you get older

• Jail. Enough said

• Meh. Not normal, but nothing wrong with it. Little media-controlled wannabes whining here doesn't make it wrong.
    Someone that age is usually as developed as they will be four years later, at least physically, so unless you are some very naive kind of person, there is no problem with all that; unless of course if you are American (if so, I am sorry for you), then you may not legally have sexual intercourse.

• This dude needs to be locked up

• That age difference is staggering. Hopefully your boyfriend knows the legal age of consent in your jurisdiction and acts accordingly.

• do you have sex with him?

• No. I can't stress enough that he does not want me for sex. He is literally just like a normal boyfriend that cares about me. It's just the age which is a huge problem

• bu thats a big problem really.. he is too old for you. when you get 35 he will be 48 ohh... it will be big problem while you getting older if u are serious

• That's wrong. He might be a nice guy and all but no sane person would choose to date a 15 year old. Someone below the legal age...

• No no no no no no (high school musical)

• Normal? No. Illegal? Yes. Disturbing? A little. Scary? Yes. Dangerous? Definitely.

• Why, just why

What Girls Said 28

• You're technically a minor, you're not even old enough to give sexual consent, drink, drive or be legally called an adult. That man should know better. You shouldn't be dating someone like that, it can be pretty concerning, like why would a guy who's nearly thirty want to date a teen? They're not always of sound mind.

• If you were twelve he'd be a pedophile. As it is, you're basically 12. Juliet laws don't factor in here. If he touches you in any way that's not platonic he can go to prison.

• That's called pedophilia and he's taking advantage of you. Please tell someone about this, not necessarily your parents, but someone at your school. No one's going to judge you.

• No, it's not called pedophilia, get a fucking dictionary. A real one, not one of the kind they make for people who can't distinguish your from you're.

• Thats vomit inducing.
    Pedos everywhere.

• if you were 19 and he was 33, different story; however, you are a minor and he can be charged with statutory rape if you have sex with him (whether consensual or not, since the age of consent is 16).

both of you need to find someone your own age.

• No, it's not normal or fair for a grown person to be putting a teenager in a dating situation and it's not even close to ok if you two are having sex.

If you're having sex I don't think it's fair to the teenager, emotionally or physically. People really need to start thinking with the right head.

• He's a pedophile, and you're an idiot. Now that we've got this all cleared up. How about you call the cops aye?

• No no no no no no no no no no nope. Just... NO. Stop it right now...

• Pedophile alert.

• That's disgusting. He's a predator. Tell your parents and get help.

• One word: illegal.

• You know it isn't.
    That's vile.

• if you're in the mid 20's , yes it will definitely be normal even if he will be 15 years older than you.. but kindly use and carry your brain sweety , he will take advantage of you and if you're not lucky enough you'll be in big trouble going to a court.

• He is a pedophile :/
    Your relationship is illegal. Your parents should know about it so they could stop you two from dating.

• Maybe in ten or fifteen years but not now.

• Im sure it happens but dude is a pedophile. Thats it.

• he's 13 years older than you. What do you think?

• Sorry girly, it's illegal...

• That's pedophila.

• No of course it's not normal.

• why do you not know?

• are you serious? its not normal
    why do not you ask BOYFRİEND? pedophile your boyfriend

• Thats not normal. he's a grown adult finding a very young teen attractive.

• If you were at least 18 it would be okay but now he is just crossing pedo territory

• @GuyBot What on earth is your problem?

• More or less.

• @GuyBot good

• no that's not normal girls your age should date guys who are between ages 14 15 16 and 17 years old

• No its not normal that's basically like saying your in a relationship with your older brother.

• I'm pretty sure you know it's not normal

• It depends on your country... In Sweden it is normal.