I don't know if I can trust my girlfriend and I don't know what to do. Please help?

Long story short. I've known this girl for about a year and a half now and we only just started dating 5 months ago. And I can truly say I'm deeply in love with her. And from what she has said she is too. Before we dated we started out as friend with benefits, and this lasted a very long time. Everything was fine and we agreed to not date each other but the feelings became deeper, and deeper and we both realized that we didn't want to be without one another. So we began dating. Now a few weeks before we started dating, she went out drank (A lot) with friends and ended up making out with a guy, which she sent me a video of on snapchat. It broke my heart, completely. But I didn't want to lose her, and she didn't want to lose me. She apologized and somehow I locked it away. And that's when we started dating. Well now the whole trust issue thing is coming up for me, I feel like I trust her but I don't really know, I'm unsure. She's very secretive about her phone... and honestly that didn't bother me until last night when she flatout refused to let me use it, I needed to make a call and my phone was dead. I didn't understand. It made me start to worry and bring up old feelings from the past :( I don't know what to do, because I really do love this girl and want a future with her, and she said she wants a future with me too. But trust is a very big thing for me. I don't know what to do. I feel lost and alone, and have nobody to talk to. Should I bring it up to her? I don't want to be that one guy who is paranoid or whatever. I'm just scared of losing her, and getting hurt again. :(

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe, some space between you two might be a good idea.

• In my past experiences I feel that doesn't exactly solve anything. Sure taking time away from each other causes feelings you feel or felt for them to come back. But at the same time, I need to somehow learn to trust her, considering what has happened in the past, it's hard for me. And it's a very stressful thing to deal with. Considering I love her so much, I don't know what to do. I just want to at least try and solve this, and if it can't well... unfortunately I cannot be with someone I do not trust. Trust is a big part of a relationship for me.

• Thank you! I appreciate everything you have helped me with. Your advice is really helping me out, and hopefully saying that to her will help out the situation too.

• It will, good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• " she went out drank (A lot) with friends and ended up making out with a guy, which she sent me a video of on snapchat. It broke my heart, completely."

Get your balls and get out the relationship. She obviously doesn't love u and in addition is showing disrespect towards you by sending you that pic.

GOD WTF is wrong with this generation.

• I've thought about it many times, trust me. But for some reason I just don't, I truly am in love with her. I've never felt this way about someone before, even in my past relationships. I think that is why I'm so afraid of losing her. I just don't exactly know "How" to go about doing this, or even fixing it at that. For all I know it could be nothing. But you're right about the picture she sent... I can't deny that. Maybe you're right.