Why women wear makeup everyday and men don't?

If we feel ugly or being uncomfortable about our looks, we believe the fact that we are but we don't wear makeup, girls is it that you want to be beautiful all the time? Or you simply feel more comfortable to hide your real look?

Most Helpful Girl

• its just fun to put on.

What Girls Said 6

• Honestly for me, it's that I feel much better about myself while wearing makeup. I think it's because it makes me feel prettier and more comfortable.

• Because makeup belongs to women

• I feel prettier wearing makeup and more girlie but I don't wear it to change my features. I really wouldn't mind if guys wore make up to hide acne or something. As long as they don't look feminine, it's fine in my opinion.

• I believe it is a cultural thing. Women were usually the ones who would wear makeup and that stayed till today. Makeup is considered a "female thing" and men wearing makeup are still considered unusual (or gay, as some would say?) .

I personally don't think I am hiding my real looks with makeup. I use it to enhance my natural features. I use makeup in a way that makes me prettier but isn't obvious that I have it on my face.

• Not all women wear makeup everyday I certainly don't

• Because wearing makeup is considered a feminine thing so guys get ridiculed for wearing it.

What Guys Said 0