Why won't girls text me back?

Long story short, my friends have told me that I need to boost my confidence and just go talk to girls anywhere no matter what. At first I was scared but it got easier as time went by. But I've talked to many many girls and got their numbers but only 1 or 2 have texted me back after I send them an initial text. I Just want to know if I am doing anything wrong. I hope I dont come across as creepy to them, I'm just being myself. I think I have come a long way but I just want to be a more confident person and I want to see better results with girls. I have no idea how some people are so natural when they talk to new people or how some people don't even have to try for people to like them. I guess it is pretty dumb but I just want everyone to like me. So how do I leave a better impression to girls so they can actually text me back?

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe you are annoying

or you come off as creepy

desperate

those vibes stop girls from talking

do the opposite from what you doing around girls

• I don't know how I can just come off as charming, I want what every other straight guy wants. But what do I know you're a girl so you're probably right!

• you notice those guys who are just surrounded by girls are the guys who don't over think

they aproach the girl with a smile and a joke pass by give them a little smile.. thts all you gotta do

Most Helpful Guy

• What are you texting them? Cause if you just say "hey" you're failing.

• oh trust me, I text more than hey, I try to make it brief saying who I am and that it was nice meeting them. And then I try to recall what we were talking about when we met so she feels comfortable to text me back but I guess its not working

• Maybe you should say something that grabs their attention. Like a random question (that isn't creepy.)

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe they just aren't interested. I wish you luck though to find that special girl that will text you back :) lol.

What Guys Said 5

• i used to be like this. i have learnt that when it comes to talking to girls. don't be shy. speak your mind and be kind. if you are nice they will want to talk to you more and after you talk for a bit, get to be a bit more in depth with conversations. share feelings, fears, dreams maybe even talk about your love life (if you have had one) this will make you more comfortable when it comes to talking to girls and it will make them more comfortable with you

• You don't get the girl... the girl gets YOU.

• The majority probably gave you fake numbers.

• Yea there's a lot of that, i know it's discouraging

• Be yourself. Most people r assholes. And so r most girls. Its just a fact. They never like nice guys even if they find you really attractive. Dont let tht bring u down tho dude be nice. Because girls eoll start to get sick of assholes and will cone to soemone who cares.