Do you think it's fair for parents to set certain standards for who you can date based on how they look?

Today my parents told me that I can't date anyone if they have earrings and/or tattoos. I don't think it's fair because I have met really great guys who have tattoos or their ears pierced. That is my type basically I like guys who have that look and I don't think it's fair for my parents to say who I can and can't date based on looks

Most Helpful Guy

• Why are you as an adult asking your parents who you can date?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well you're 20 years old so there are obviously a few issues her other than tattoos and piercings. Basically what it boils down to is their house, their rules. If you want to date people with those features, you'll have to live away from your parents.

• I agree with this. You can't get intimate with someone they don't want in their house, unfortunately.

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah, parents should never feed your head with what type of people they want you to date cause they are trying to make you judgmental. You should be able to date who ever you want date the way i see things.

• As long as your under their roof they can make all kinds of silly rules, if it's just appearances like those on your boyfriends tell them to cover them up and remove the piercings when meeting them

• Only when you're a minor. Once you're an adult, they can't say shit.

• Actually there's a loophole. The tattoos and piercings can't be visible.

What Girls Said 2

• You're 20 lol who gives a shit what your parents say?

• No, not if you're over 18.