Does a man's looks determine if he is perceived as 'confident' or 'creepy'?

The way I see it... when a physically attractive man randomly approaches a woman, she considers him 'confident' and probably gives him a chance (if she is single, that is). But if an average looking man does the same, he is labelled a 'creep'. This, in spite of both men being equally courteous, sophisticated and gentlemanly in their approach. How true is this?

Men are also welcome to share their views.

Most Helpful Girl

• it has WAY more to do with how he approaches me and how he carries himself than it has to do with what he looks like. i had a guy at a gas station once, not attractive but not necessarily unattractive either, who told me i was beautiful and that he hoped it didn't scare me, he just wanted to tell me. it was not creepy at all and i thanked him. however, if i am walking down the street in heels and a dress and any guy, regardless of what he looks like, says things like "damn girl" or "oh my god you're so f*cking hot" or anything like that it is creepy as hell especially if i am alone.

• I can get that the scenario you describe can be creepy. Nice to know that you don't judge men entirely based on looks, initially. Very few girls (or even guys) are capable of going beyond looks to judge a person's intentions or worth.

• @JustinX9 oh thanks!! sorry I misread it totally did not mean to be bitchy. I thought you said I am a pretty young lass like making a comment about how young I am which is why I didn't get your point haha

• You're welcome nah no need to say sorry a lot of people misunderstood the things that came out from my mouth that is why I prefer to talk less to not talking at all even if I feel talking.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think creep is more about mannerisms and approach more than looks.
    Something I've really noticed about the opposite sex is that they can smell desperate from across the room. They can smell thirsty af across the room. I'm not saying this is you I'm just speaking generally. If you (again I'm using you generally not specifically the asker) treat her as an individual and not have any expectations outside of being friendly I've noticed she will be more likely to chat with you then and in the future. That's a start too.

• Good observation! But what if a man DOES approach her with the intention to date her, although not in a perverted way? In that case, isn't it his looks which determine if he comes off as confident or creepy?

• @bluemax oh yeah I'm not saying there aren't shades of grey in the equation.

• Thanks for MH!

What Girls Said 4

• No, not really. But if he's dirty or not dressed well then yes. It creeps us out... It not very fair, but women r picky...

• I'm not talking about being badly dressed or unhygienic. Both these men I mentioned are well groomed, well dressed and smell good too. Just that one is really good looking whereas the other is average or below average in terms of looks.

• Looks don't necessarily get to me. No, i am not saying that is always the truth, yes i will admit am very, very guilty of labeling people because of their looks. But mannerisms matter to me as well. For example, if this guy is just following you around and just skulking behind you like some weird shadow that never even bothers to talk to you, after a while it gets scary. (Especially since i am a fairly paranoid person, lol.) Another thing that i find important is how you talk, i mean there are just those people who seem weird after you talk to them a bit, you know what i mean? But yes, i know your words are usually true, personally i think anybody could change that in themselves if they put there mind to it. And we would all be better off if we just learned to not care about looks, but i don't see that happening anytime soon, especially knowing myself and my friends xD

• But still, in the end it all boils down to looks, right?

• You are a very intelligent/mature person. Kudos to you :)

• Thanks for the appreciation! :)

• Yes at first glance. Creepy or trustable. I ll only have a few seconds to make a quick judgement.

• Appreciate the straightforwardness! :)

• Well i dont like vacillating on things like this. Not everyone is good in this world and when they approach u out of blue for a date, there is always some kind of motive. They want a hook up or they are robbers and killers.

• Same same, equal sides.

• Good to know that women like you still exist!

• Why would not, most girls think that, but we don't say it that much.

What Guys Said 5

• 0|1
    • Good one! Which movie is this, by the way?

• How have you never seen Independence Day?

• I haven't unfortunately! I'm more of a music and video games buff. I only watch movies occasionally, and only specific ones which I am likely to enjoy.

• As paranoid as these females are nowadays, most of them do unfairly judge a guy as creepy based on his look and attraction level.

• I think looks have a more significant factor on whether or not a guy is creepy than women want to admit but that's just me.

Personally, I think social skills need to be taught to more men (and women.)

• I think the guy who is more good looking has the better chance

• It really took you 28 years to figure that one out?

• Cut the sarcasm. I figured this out long back, but it's only now that I tried to 'confirm' if I was right.