Have you ever suddenly liked someone when they seemed less interested?

When you meet and are interested in someone and start talking, then they suddenly back away for no reason.
I've done it accidentally and its happened to me before too for whatever reason. It always seems to make the other person really keen
anyone else experienced this and know why? I guess people want what they think they can't have?

Anyone else?

Most Helpful Guy

• People generally tend to want things they can't have and are attracted to mystery.

So the fact people seem more keen when you back away is normal/natural.

Think of it as a seesaw:

In an ideal world, you're both at the centre.

When a man chases a woman, he moves to her side, causing the seesaw to tilt and for her to fall off... the man is pushing her away by chasing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think kind of a guy I know my firends said he looked intrested the way he smiled at me n talked to me he would stare from across the room. But I guess its hard for me to believe a guy would like me I am very insecure with my looks. Cuz people were always criticizing me. Anyways now I am the one trying to talk to him n sometimes he start the convos. But its hard for me he has many female friends n many are reall pretty n smart. I dont know but I dont know if he was intrested n maybe I missed my chance.

• Yeah I'm the same exactly
      Don't worry about missing your chance. He obviously likes you then and it probably happy for another chance :)

What Guys Said 10

• People want what they can't have.

• Yeah, this is a thing. People even use it to manipulate others. Why it works might have its roots in fear of abandonment or even market dynamics (when supply dwindles, you go looking for more supply or demand increases).

• It's pretty sick hey. I can't stand when people play games like that

• Haha
      I'm going to have to disagree with you there
      I've got plenty of girlfriends who are actually really pretty and also sweet
      And I've met guys who are nice but also funny and interesting- not the typical 'he's nice' but no substance :)
      I know what you mean though

• Of course there are exceptions :) I speak in generalizations all the time. But I think this one is more stark than most women think.

• I think it's the oposite for most guys

• Nope. I usually ask why someone stopped talking to me, but that's a problem fixing technique.

I guess people just don't like it when bad things happen, so they put in effort to fix things.

• Walking away in the middle of somebody speaking to you is beyond rude. I'm not sure if you mean that literally?

• Not sure how you got that conclusion after reading the title

• "When you meet and are interested in someone and start talking, then they suddenly back away for no reason. "

• 😒 no one else thought that if you look at the other answers. No need to be picky

• Inhve and lost the best opportunity with a very beautiful woman. It happens

• Only for a short period, like maybe the person is just shy, but when I start being misstreated I am outta here

• i have done it always and i make them to like me.. people change their taste change and so... it is more common

• that always happens to me

• I agree with you for the most part, people want what they can't have.

What Girls Said 11

• I've had a guy like me but I didn't show an interest in him until he backed away... I'm not sure that he's still interested.

• I think its called playing hard to get. When the person wants to talk more, you just leave its kinda like leaving things hanging.

• Yeah def. Their value goes up if they're not interested in me

• It's called... loving the chase.

• yes, its a feeling of desperation and neglect.

• Can't say I have.

• Yep... Just had to keep to my self.

• Story of my freaking life right now...

• It happens all the goddamn time.

• I have experienced this and I think it happens because people fall for someone they can't have especially men
    When I don't show interest in a guy he will keep pursuing me and it's annoying and shows that they are just playing games

• Yes and it's sick. I know.