Attractive but don't get asked out WHY?

I always wonder why don't I get asked out? I'm not trying to be conceited or anything but I always been called beautiful and very attractive by friends and strangers and I've been told that I should become a model. But guys never ask me out. I once told a friend that I rarely get approach by guys and she said maybe because they are intimidated by me which I found funny because at times I do make an effort to smile a bit to come of more open. Also I'm very nice to everyone I meet I love to laugh and be goofy also I love to dress up.

Im just tried of being single. I'm 20 and never had a boyfriend or been on a real date. And I've been open to interracial dating.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well the top reasons are
    1) Guys are intimidated by you
    2) You dont seem to be open enough for approach
    3) You dont give off a positive vibe
    4) You are not interesting enough
    Well you sure do look good, so I dont think that looks are a problem. Do you try to carry the conversation forward? Even though you might be smiling and all.. if you dont put much effort into it and expect the guy to do everything, they'll not ask you out. I sure won't. Many girls have this habit of giving one word answers and not asking questions. I can help identify the problem if I get some more details eg, a recent conversation or so.

• That's Just the thing guys just stare at me then keep moving so I don't get approach, if I did get approach I would probably carry out conversation

• Yea I've been told that people tend to think I'm stuck up but that's because of my shyness.
      Thanks for the advice

• Well? See there. I just stop talking to shy girls. Too much input and too much output. And there's that lack of assurance whether it'll work out in the end. No matter what people say, being shy will decrease the no. of approaches. Especially from attractive and bold guys.

Most Helpful Girl

• I get asked out a lot only because I look kinda 'submissive' and shy.
    If you are the center of attention by making people laugh, they might feel pressure or not get the chance to approach you as you are surrounded by your friends.

If you really want to get asked out, start hanging out on your own a bit more. Walk places instead or use public transport. Dress nicely at all times.
    Have your hair out your face and clothes that aren't revealing but enhance your assets.

I've started noticing patterns and get asked out daily on the days I do this.

Hope I could help!

What Guys Said 25

• The most beautiful girls get approached the least, because guy are more intimidated. They'll either think "She's most likely taken", "Probably she's a stuck up bitch", "Why would she wanna be with someone like me?" ... so they end up not approaching.
    That's why the end up being "forced" to approach themselves in order to get a guy.
    Don't get discouraged, it's not that guys don't like you, so try to make the approach yourself.

• I've been told by guys that they thought I had a boyfriend or I was stuck up. Ill try to make the approach but I don't know how plus I fear rejection.

• I understand you, I also fear rejection, that's why I rarely approach, but we gotta do it cause we can't be single all our life.
      Do you catch guys staring at you? If you do, approach a guy you like that has been looking at you, the chances of getting rejected are less, but still, rejection doesn't mean the world is ending, so the more we get rejected, the more used to it we'll be and the less we'll care, ergo, we will approach more people that we like having more chances of finding a partner.
      Take a deep breath and approach, don't think, just say "Hi, how are you?"

• I see many girls that make the same mistake when it comes to guys. Now I don't know if this includes you or not but do you give men any sign that you want them to approach you. Most men will not approach a woman unless the woman lets him know it is ok to approach. Do you flirt? for example.

• To be honest usually if I catch a guy starring to tend look away really fast then blush alittle to myself.

• *i
      Sorry for the grammers

• Don't stress about the grammar. I know what you're saying and that is all that matters. :) Ahhh well I guess you are shy and that is why you look away. The problem is guys take that as you are not interested.

• Alright, I am going to give you the truth so hold on to your self esteem because this will hurt. I am not sure if you have noticed but the majority of men on this website seem to think any woman looks beautiful. The same is true outside of this website. Have you ever noticed on Facebook or Twitter how many guys say a woman is beautiful numerous times? So most men seem to think any woman looks beautiful which makes you average. The real question is why don't you ask men out? They aren't just going to come to you like in romance novels.

• Exactly what @truthbeknown said, he deserves MHO in my opinion. Only thing I would add, maybe try not dressing up too much. A little is alright, but a casual look can be cute or sexy sometimes. Also it doesn't feel like the guy isn't dressed good enough for you. So maybe try to be a little more approachable through your clothing.

• I swear every question like this needs a warning before posting saying: "This question has been asked too many times. Are you sure you don't want to read a handy take on your question?" Or some FAQ to be directed about why you dont get approached.

Here:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a9876-why-you-women-don-t-get-approached-or-asked-out

• I've never thought of it that way. I usually alway thought if a guy likes you he'll make the effort to talk to you. Thanks for sharing

• Honestly it's utterly painful for guys to try to talk to women they find attractive. Especially if they lack social skills, and ESPECIALLY if its a girl they never spoken to before.

And sometimes guys might have shown interest in you but you were unable to tell with how hard they try not to 'screw up' in conversation.

• It can be a bit of a turn off if you are too out going or have too many friends or your life is too fast or loud. Maybe from a guys point of view you are just too busy of a person or your life seems too exciting with a bit of high maintenance mixed in.

• They probably think that you're taken. I'm a very attractive guy and a lost of girls think I'm taken or that I'm not interested (because I can be intimidating)

• Take a look at this for why you're not being approached
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a4520-why-you-arent-getting-approached-ladies

and this for why you're not being asked out
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a11236-girls-why-you-re-not-getting-asked-out

• I also did a "my take" about this
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a9502-why-guys-don-t-hit-on-pretty-girls
    approaching girls is a minefield, so if you don't make it at least seem worth it, guys just are not going to approach.

• I can honestly say good looking girls always get approached... always get looks

If your not getting any at all... something is wrong.

doesn't make sense guys are not that afraid lol... epecially at your age... most guys think there gods gift to women

• Attractive women are always in relationships lol it's not your fault you got dumped in with the group xD

• ummm probably cause you are beautiful, you see pretty girls are harder to approach, cause, they have more options and are more likely to reject any type of advancement on them

• Thats weird, maybe you just dont go out very often.
    Maybe you have a hard personality, a or irritating voice?

• Where is a HAWT pix of u?

• Well you have to smile and maintain eye contact but don't stare for long times. it will looks creepy.

• It's difficult to know without knowing you. You said you were a bit shy. People don't expect attractive people to be shy so when you are shy they may take it as though you are being 'off' and don't want to talk to them. Also, a lot of guys prob wouldn't think you'd be interested so don't bother to ask.

• Yea I see what your saying I tried not to come of shy but I can't my shyness tends to take over so I avoid any I contact but if I do come across eye contact I look away fast and start to blush.

• What you mean is: " I never got asked out by a 6'1 tall, 8/10 handsome guy which most of girls are throwing at".

cheers.

• Hi your very pretty and I would probably never approach you because you put the H in Hot steam. :D

• Who told you that you're attractive?

• If you really are attractive and smile aka open person then there must be something wrong? Maybe there's a lie hidin somewhere

• I do come of a bit shy at first

• I get stared at often and I do get approach by guys but mostly guys that are douche bags

• So well there you got it, do you have guy friends? If not it's time to change it, guy friends are more likely to fall for a girl they already know and ask that girl out whilst you also run less risk for the guy to finally turn out to be a douchebag

• hey do u want to be my girlfriend?

• Unattractive in my opinion , sorry.

• Can you post a link with a picture

• Girrrrrrrllllllllll if you lived in Texas and were in my area... Girrrlllll... I'd take you on a date in a minute! I'm not even joking... lol.

• Are you a virgin?

• Why does that matter?

• I'm curious. Because most pretty women I know... if not all... aren't virgins

• I'd have to see you to see why. I mean, not only what you look like but also how you interact in public

What Girls Said 3

• Because good looks and a friendly demeanor alone generally will not suffice.
    Since you wish to be with someone so much, have you ever thought to maybe do the approaching yourself? No reason why you have to wait around for a guy to one day to it. It's 2015, not the middle ages!

• I tried but I'm extremely scared of rejection and I know it not an excuse

• yeah of course that's a perfectly legit thing to be afraid of but it works both ways. You can just try to get to know a guy who you're into really well for a while before asking him out and do whatever you can to make the odds of him accepting your asking him out successful. If it goes well, you'll be much more confident in regards to other guys. If it doesn't, rejection's not that bad so long as you don't get completely emotionally invested right from the get-go.

• Maybe you don't go out enough. I used to be more of a homebody and I rarely got asked out. When I started going out at night more I got multiple guys each night. My looks didn't change but guys had more opportunities to get to know me. Also when you do go out don't be afraid to make eye contact with them and confidently smile

• because you don't ask them out , they are as shy as you are