What kind of person do you prefer to date?

I've heard it said, that when it comes to finding people we like to date, that people try to go one of two ways: either take your chances by meeting people you don't know, or "sorting" out the kind of people available and picking from that smaller group. What does everyone else think?

• Strangers
  • Acquaintances
  • Coworkers/Social group peeps
  • Friends of friends
  • Best friend

Most Helpful Girl

• I have always dated guys who were in my group of friends. A friend of a friend someone brought along who I got to know over time and grew to like because I saw him in a natural social environment instead of a dating environment where he is under pressure.
    None of my relationships where I have said "yes" to a random guy who's asked me out have ever worked out, and I never made it past the "awkward getting to know you" phase.

I like to get to know people without pressure or obligation to like them, decide that I like them, and THEN pursue a relationship

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the women are lying that voted for best friends. I've only ever found real connections with people after becoming friends with them. That's the only way I've ever found honesty in personality, anything else is an act.

What Girls Said 18

• My boyfriend went from stranger to best friend in... about 6 hours. And then he stayed there for like 4 years. And then we were allowed to date - check it, yes, I said "allowed."

And we're gonna get married.

That being said, I pull my boyfriends from my pool of friends.

• Friends of friends and best friends ☺

• I'd rather date my best friend or a friend that I am super close to even if they aren't the one I consider my best friend. If I have known the friend for at least a year, then they are eligible to be my boyfriend.

• Friends of friends that are now my friends. They're the guys that I'm onto more often than not but it creates drama also so... Yeah.

• I would rather befriend someone being fully aware that I like them more than a friend and that they like me as more than a friend. So, the person and I would start off as strangers, become friends, then date. Ideally.

• Someone I know is who I usually date. A friend of a friend is how I met my last one. Usually if it isn't working out, we go back to being friends and it's not awkward for some reason.

• Ugh gag is shit on my phone.. I meant to press friends of friends but accidentally pressed best friend.

• I wouldn't rule any of the above out

• I doubt I'll find attractive guys through my friends but I rather them be friends of friends

• An acquaintance or maybe a friend of a friend.

• I date strangers

• *Me now = Vote A ONLY x 100000000000000000000
    *Me b4 = All categories listed = NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Definitely friends of friends.. Close, but not too close

• Friends of friends or aquaintances

• Ideally a stranger or acquaintance.
    I'm never attracted to best friends.
    I don't want to date someone who my circle of friends know prior to us dating.
    Dating a coworker is just messy.

So that leaves stranger and acquaintance but I voted acquaintance.

• I think that men are more open to dating strangers than women are

• my friends.

• Anyone! I'm not picky! I'm open to any avenue that will help me meet someone

What Guys Said 15

• I think people should absolutely broaden their horizons and meet new people. I think acquaintances can make good dates. You don't know them enough to the point where you are afraid to date them and lose them. You can be brave enough to take a shot.

• I was about to answer along these lines, but I'm too lazy. So yeah, what RedThread said.

• I have only dated girls I met and pretty much went from not knowing them, directly to pretty much dating. I think it would be super weird for me to date a friend or someone I have know, but did not romantically pursue initially lol

• i would rather go on a date with my best friends, i know we have a lot in common so we don't have any awkward moments. plus we would have a lot to talk about

• No method works for me. I have no dating options in any way or form.

• Could you at least say, "I have yet to discover dating options?"

I really wish you understood this.

• being single for a long time you tend to be attached with your current life. To bring in someone, will ruin that attachment.

Therefore I don't want to date.

• Probably friends of friends is your best bet

• What's your take on the pros and cons?

• The good thing about it would be that the friend knows already what you like and dislike and personality of each if they would clash. The bad part would be if it dose not work out they might have one less friend

• Where's the 'whoever I find attractive' option? That's really what it boils down to

• Whoever's the easiest I can find.

• stranger who can become my best friend

• The white flirty girl online 😏

• Besides strangers, pretty much any of the above-- as long as I know them enough and actually liked them.

• STRANGERS.

By FAR, strangers are better to date.

No social circle drama. Significantly decreased risk of false allegations due to a girl trying to manage her reputation/get revenge. Decreased risk of losing your job. Your friendships don't get screwed up if things sour with a girl. You aren't dependent upon a small group of people finding you dates--and you aren't at the mercy of the size or quality of your social circle.

By dating strangers, you gain confidence, the ability to speak to anyone, security in knowing that you can ALWAYS find someone to date -- and quickly -- so you never get desperate, you never get needy, you are always cool and in control. And you get to talk to any woman you want, rather than worrying about what friends/family think of her.

There's just no comparison. Only undesirable saps date via social circle.

Women like social circle dating more, simply because it gives them more power over interactions -- they can leverage social shaming, etc to get what they want. Plus, the cowards among them don't approach men, so meeting via social circle is the only option, for some of them (so of course they are forced to "prefer" it).

• I must go with E.

• I'm going to say A.

If it doesn't work out, the rest are varying degrees of awkward.

• Why is sloot not on your list?