Guys, do guys really like when a girls asks them out?

In my experience, guys seem to like the idea but when a girl makes the first move she's often written off as too bold or desperate. What's the real answer here gentlemen?

Guess I'll ask him and see what happens. He was sharing personal details today, so he must at least be interested in hanging out, right?
I asked him out! He said yes!! He was a little busy so I gave him my number and told him to reach out when he had time so we could figure something out. Haven't heard from him about getting together. What the hell? Actual rejection I can deal with, but telling me yes and then doing nothing...

12

Most Helpful Guy

• No guy would write a girl off for being "too bold or too desperate". If he says no, its because she is unattractive to him. Simple.

But if you are attractive to him, he'll be ecstatic, and have no reason to say no.

So yes, its a gamble. Now you know how guys have felt for the past few thousand years. I think its about fucking time girls have a taste of it themselves. (sorry getting a bit off topic 😅)

What Guys Said 11

• Yes.

But that doesn't mean that every girl will get a positive response from every guy. Just like guys constantly get rejected when approaching so will girls.

Just like guys get written of as "creepy" when the girl is not interested so will probably girls be written of as "bold and desperate" when the guy is not interested.

• guys like it when hot girls ask them out. When they are thinking about being asked out by a girl, they are imagining it happening with a girl that makes them too nervous to approach themselves. If a girl is merely 'cute' or even not attractive, then her 'boldness' could be construed as desperation, as i suspect it is assumed that if any guy wants her they wouldn't be too nervous to approach.

That's my guess, anyway. Of course, I don't know the situation of the guys in question, and I myself would be entirely open to a girl who approached me.

• If a guy turns down a girl that asks him out, it is because he is not interested. I don't know anyone who sees it as a sign of desperation except for girls who seem content to give themselves a reason to not take action, or girls who are happy to prevent other girls from snatching up the guys they like.

Guys have feelings believe it or not. We like it when someone we like lets us know they are interested. It is almost like we enjoy feeling attractive and desired. It's amazing that with our vastly similar brains that men and women could have so much in common.

• the real answer is: yes, we like it. though sometimes it catches us off guard or we are just not into her. i don´t see why it´s "desperate".

• I can't stress this enough, yes ask him out, when a girl does it, it does not seem desperate, i dont know why ya get this idea, how many times i got to say it, its flattering and that guy most likely likes you to share personal info, it's a trust thing.

• I love the idea of a girl asking a guy out. I wish it could happen to me I'm to shy. And they are definitely not bold or desperate.

• I wouldn't see it as bold or desperate just that she's interested.
    A lot of shy, awkward guys like myself would even prefer a girl to ask, it's a lot less pressure on us and then we know she's actually interested.

• I've honestly never heard a guy say that it makes her look desperate.

• Yes, it shows that you have balls and guys like that

• Simple...

Not every person you are interested in is interested in YOU.

It's easy being the one approached -- you already know the person asking you likes you. So welcome to the world of approaching -- rejection upon rejection.

As for those being their reasons: those are simply the words that came out of their mouths. Kind of like when a woman says "he wasn't confident enough, so I turned him down." You just didn't bring the right vibe to the interaction, and/or he just doesn't like you.

Simple.

• "too bold or desperate. "

See I keep hearing people say this is what they'll be called yet I see no guys saying that about a girl that approaches them. Who is actually saying this? I feel like it's just an excuse a lot of women are making up out of thin air to not have to do it because I never ever ever hear any guy actually say this about a girl that approaches.

• Any time I've asked a guy out (more than once but less than 5... not sure the exact) either they brush me off or after a couple of dates they seem put off by my boldness. But hey, if you say go for it, I guess I will assume some guys are just wimps (or perhaps old-fashioned is nicer to say). But I have asked guys out before and it NEVER pans out in the end.

• You went on with dates with them though. If they were that bothered by your boldness they wouldn't have gone out with you the first time. Whatever goes in those dates is where things fell apart.