Is my size... ok?

I'm 5'6 and 97 pounds? Is this ok

Most Helpful Guy

• Tall enough. Certainly NOT fat :)

What Guys Said 17

• Taken straight from the internet...
    "According to your height of 5' 6" your ideal healthy weight is 139 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 123 and 154 pounds.

This was calculated using Hamwi formula, a simple formula commonly used by many clinicians.

These are recommended weights. Talk with your doctor about what weight is best for you and before undertaking any new diet or exercise programs."
    -----
    So basically, even with a small frame and being 5'6," 97 pounds is pretty underweight. Granted, it could be metabolism which is one thing, but I would try to put on some more weight if possible. 97 pounds is very thin for a 5'6" person. Sure, everyone is different so it may fit your frame or biology, but just based on your height and weight, you need to try and gain some weight.

Here are some useful charts that involve measuring your elbow width and stuff like that if you want to further see if you are underweight.
    www.healthdiscovery.net/.../ideal_bw_women.htm

• I think its a bit less for a 5'6 person!!!

• Great stats I'm sure you look great but its more about how you feel about it. If your happy with it then who cares what others think.

• Absolutely disgusting.

• Guys barely care about a woman's height as long as she isn't too tall (= taller than him).

I frankly don't know where that thought comes from that women think they have to have a certain height.

• Sounds like you are very VERY thin.

• You must be TINY.

• Underweight. Some people find attractive though if that is what you mean

• As long as it's healthy, yes.

• it fits my preference. :)

• yeah most girls would kill for your weight to be honest

• Yes that's a perfect size in my book :)

• Ok I just realized, that's actually under weight

• It sounds okay

• it's not ok; your perfect :)

• yes, very good

• When girls think they're ugly...

• That's a BMI of 15.7, which means you're extremely underweight.

What Girls Said 11

• Frankly? No, it's not ok. There's a good chance you are very, very sick. You have a BMI of 15.7, which usually puts people in hospital, because it's life-threatening. Please, if you haven't already, seek help.

• You sound underweight.

• No, you're underweight. If you were overweight people would be all on you about "health". You should try to gain a little weight. I'm only trying to help you. ❤️

• Nooooooo that's way too thin. You need to see a doctor.

• That's way too thin. And judging from your pics you don't look like your 97 pounds or whatever. You look around 115-120

• Um. Well I'm 5'5 and 109 pounds , my doctor says im underweight. I'm suppose to be 130. And you're an inch taller so you should be around 130.

• Sounds borderline underweight, confirm with your doctor.

• You need to gain a little more weight.

• You're underweight. I don't think it's ok...

• lol... I think that you need to eat something :D... I am 5'7" and I weigh 125 yet I am still skinny... But if you are happy with your body then don't let anyone tell you that you look bad.

• That may be normal weight for a person under 5'2" but you're very underweight for a person your height. Do you have a period?

• I have a hard time believing you then.
      Either you're not underweight or you don't have a period/irregular period.