Should I message him?

My ex and I broke up around a week and a half ago. He broke up with me because he was convinced he was going to hurt me in the future with so many big things coming up, he'd have to focus on them and not me, which would result in sadness on my behalf. Plus, he was going through so many stressful things and was afraid that he'd project those problems onto me. I saw him today for the first time since, we were working together and he stared at me from time to time and he slid something towards me for me to bag it and it almost fell off the bench because he was looking me right in the eye and we both smiled at each other and giggled a bit. Should I message him? Is there any hope in getting back together?

What Guys Said 1

• Give it time he was the one that broke it off let him make the move. If he does not get a hold of you dont feel bad it was not meant to be.

• He broke it off, however I was more brutal as when we broke up I said that I didn't love him and that I was happier without him and that I always felt horrible because of him etc. wouldn't that stop him from getting a hold of me? Because he thinks i'm happier without him?

• I think so but only he can look into your eyes and see if you were happy or not when you dated and then he would think to himself your just blowing smoke because you were upset. But if you want peace of mind give him more time and if he does not call you, you then should reach out to him

What Girls Said 1

• Did you not reassure him that you would try to support him during those moments? He honestly cares about you still, but he doesn't like the thought of him hurting you in any shape or form. You guys may need to talk about it and come up with something you guys can both agree about, if you guys want to get back together

• I did reassure him multiple times, but I was always so sad about not being able to spend as much time with him due to his other commitments that I couldn't lie and say it wasn't hurting me. He said that he lost affection for my personality as he got to know me more but I know that isn't true and that he just said this stuff to push me away for my own sake. I want to talk about it but I don't know what to say and I know he wouldn't initiate the first move because I told him I wasn't in love with him and that he was all these things etc, what should i do to fix that?

• I think you both don't want to end up hurtin each other. But the way he doesn't want to spend time with you and how you have said things that have hurt him is what is keeping you away from each other. Tell him how you genuinely feel. From the bottom of your heart. Don't expect him to be ok with it, he will need time to heal. And so do you.