How long does it take to get a girl to be comfortable around you before you can ask her out on a date?

I am a 22 year old Chinese Canadian male. I recently met a 21 year old Chinese girl in college. We share no classes together. Having no way to see each other regularly is making it difficult for me to get to know her and get myself into her comfort zone before I ask her out on a date. My question is, how long does it usually take to get a girl to be comfortable around you before you can ask her out on a date? Some say that girls freak out if asked too early and some say that girls will friendzone you if you took too much time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why don't you ask if you can add her on FB or something and then it won't matter that you don't have much face to face time.

• I did that. Problem is that the girl may find it annoying if I message her too frequently. The second problem is that it is more difficult to get myself in her comfort zone solely using messaging app.

• How often should I message her? How much is too much?

• Wow did you not read what I wrote at all?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Hmmm depends on the girl so getting an answer will be difficult unless she had the heart thing over her head like in fable which gets bigger when she gets interested

• I estimate a few weeks, which turns into months, then a year, and I never end up asking her out.