Girls, do you think guys sell ourselves short too often when we're interested in a girl?

I have a female friend who constantly encourages me to go after girls certain girls and ask them out. She knows I'm reticent about asking out girls who I like, so she prods me to be courageous and talk to the ones I like. The thing is, some of the girls she encourages me to talk to seem like they're out of my league. The girl I'm crushing on now is totally fine, but I just don't know that she'd go out with me. I'm not the best looking guy in the world, and I don't feel like really attractive girls would want to date me. My female friend says that this isn't true because girls don't judge girls in terms of leagues. She says that guys usually have more of a shot with attractive girls than they believe because girls assess guys based on a lot more than just his looks. Is this generally true for most girls?

1

What Girls Said 1

• There is no such thing as "out of your league". Approach the ones you're interested with confidence. Stop thinking about silly things that can only manage to restrict you.