How can I not make my relationship weird?

I recently told my boyfriend I love him and he told me he doesn't feel the same. Since that night I have felt differently about the relationship. As in I'm no longer excited to talk to him and I can't find much to say. I suppose I'm just hurt and feeling rejected but I have the urge to talk to him less and hide. What can I do to not make everything weird?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your reaction is normal. The real question is why are you still with him after he said something like that. now if you two are a relatively new couple then he may not be sure how he feels however if you have ben going out for more than a year move on and stop wasting your time.

• We've been together 6 months. And I'm not sure how long I should stay with him now..

• wow a year? I don't want to stick around for that long only to find out he says the same thing.

• then isn't that your answer, if you think your wasting time move on. if you think he will come around stay, do what you feel is best.

Most Helpful Girl

• Shit that's a tough one... like did he say he could see you guys getting there hut he's just not there yet? What was his reaction like? How did he say it?

• he told me he has trouble falling in love. That's basically all he said :( he didn't give me a glimmer of hope for the potential of loving me. He was calm when he said it. He didn't panic.

• 6 months dating and no it's just me acting weird I think.

• Hm.. it's tough because I know you're gonna want him to feel the same way and say it back at some point so that makes it hard... but if he's acting normal th best thing you can do is let it go for now. And try to get him to open up next time you're having an intimate conversation about why he has a hard time getting close.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• well uh :/ that's unfortunate, and since he doesn't feel the same way, should you really be together?

• How long have you guys been dating? some people take more time to process their feelings. I think you should worry if he still doesn't love you after some time.

• just pretend it never happened.