Would you seriously pursue a girl who has been in school for so long?

Would you date /marry a girl that has taken a long time to finish school?

I'm 22 and still in college. I hope to finish college when am about 24 -25. I'll be attending nursing school next fall.

At the beginning of college, I didn't know what I wanted to study or what career I wanted to pursue. I only took 1 to 3 classes a semester. Some semesters I didn't go to school all together. I do work as a licensed practical nurse but am planning on getting my BSN (RN nurse).

Would you date/ marry someone like me? Would you pursue me seriously? Or would you be put off by me being in school for so long?

Most Helpful Guy

• How long you spend in school literally has no negative effect on me. It is seriously a non-issue, with the exception that even higher education takes more time.

I myself took 6 years total for my Bachelors in engineering and math. I also spent a year working as an intern in automotive automation. Most of my friends in engineering graduated before me by a semester, and the rest by at least a year. It takes you as long as it takes you. It's just cool that you care about education. So don't sweat it. At all.

Most Helpful Girl

• you'll find someone!

What Guys Said 5

• It depends on why. It takes some a while before they get into gear and know what they want to do. If you are taking your time because you are paying your way and supporting yourself, then you have a good plan.

If you are goofing off, not sure you want to finish or not, not making the grades, then you are lost.

Besides, don't even think about marriage until you are past 25, and better 27.

• personally it wouldn't matter as long as you don't smoke weed or crack lol but you get the gist of what I'm trying to say

• Whats wrong with being in school

Some degrees can take upwards of 10 years in excess... I like a girl who followed her desires and makes it happen

• My older cousin did it. The dated when they were both in college. She's now a corporate lawyer and he's a stay at home dad taking care of the kids.

• Yes I would, I'm younger though, but I think it's fine to still be in school. You are not old at all, you are still very young! Many guys are also still in school at your age, in the same boat as you and even if they aren't I don't think it's a turn off for many guys. I think you being in school to upgrade shows you are serious about your career, and I think that's an attractive trait in a woman.

What Girls Said 0