Is it okay for the girl to be smarter?

My girlfriend takes honors classes and knows more about math and science than I do, though it doesn't seem very common for the girl to be smarter.

Most Helpful Girl

• ofcourse it's okay for a girl to be smarter lol
    that's cool if she''s smart. and if people will meet you both they will say that you'r lucky to have a smart girlfriend and you'll feel proud :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Smart girls are awesome. And she is a science and math geek? If you don't feel comfortable, send her my way.

I was an engineering major, math minor who took 6 years with less than a 3.0 GPA. My girlfriend sophomore year did Pre-Med in biology in 3 years. I remember how upset she was when she got the first B in her life. So I was clearly academically outclassed.

We met at some crazy party where one girl was flirting with me, but me and her were locked in a conversation where I was explaining Calculus III, and she was explaining why it won't be humans inhabiting other planets.

I think guys are used to feeling valued by numbers and usefulness. I often say that women's standards for male personalities (or percieved pressures thereof) are similar to men's standards for women's bodies (or percieved pressures).

I think this is why men feel uncomfortable with women who are more powerful, smarter, or richer than they are. It feels like it is women with inherent romantic value, and men who must serve some sort of purpose to be worth her time. As GoodMenProject put it "men must be needed because they can't be wanted."

But this doesn't reflect how women feel, just how men feel pressured, and I think that's where a lot of guys trip up. You can still have value to a woman without having to be "the smart one", "the strong one", or "the money-maker". And for the ones who do judge you based on these traits, they might as well stay single, as they are probably retail workers who say the only "real men" are doctors.

But the thing is this girl already chose you, too. Don't make the mistake of being to insecure and paranoid about it, because that is partially what killed my relationship above. You have to let go of the reins a bit and accept that she likes you for reasons you probably don't see in yourself.

What Girls Said 7

• Why would it be a problem?

If you don't like it, why don't you study harder and then you won't have to worry about it.

• Why is it not ok for the girl to be smarter? I'm pretty sure it's very common. You probably have associated with some clueless girls previously before.

• Jerks are born, not made. 😂

• if you're secure in yourself, doesn't matter who's smarter or not

• Of course, as long as you're not jealous of her or anything like that. It's mature of you to not let it matter

• If both parts don't make it a big deal, then it won't be a big deal. However, if she manages to make you feel insecure about it, please refrain from starting arguments in regards to it. It will result in bringing up a lot of unnecessary drama and trust me, you don't need that in your relationship.

• My boyfriend told me recently, I'm more intelligent than he could ever dream of being. Although it's a stretch, he just feels super proud and honored of my smarts. Lol. He doesn't realize how smart he is too.

What Guys Said 4

• Umm, yes. It's okay.
    Don't worry about it.

• Why would it be a problem, as long as none of you have an issue with it?

• " ... it doesn't seem very common for the girl to be smarter. "

Of course it doesn't SEEM that way, that's how you know just how much smarter she is.

• Because around around your age range (and also mine) the smart girls aren't worrying about relationships and are instead focused on their studies.