Is it a good idea to date a guy out of your league?

People give you looks when in public like "what on earth is he doing with her" etc. I am embarrassed because I know he should have someone better than me but then again he seems like he really just wants to be with me and I like him a lot.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are dating him, then you are in his league. Stop with the self doubt! You are beautiful

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest, the only person who probably thinks that is you, and maybe a small percentage of mean people, who's opinion doesn't matter anyway :)

I don't believe in leagues. I think that is something that has been constructed by a few people to delegate who can date who and make people feel bad about themselves. But it's more a bullying tactic rather than something that's actually real.

Date who you want, don't let other people tell you anything. The thing is, beauty is subjective. So to the guy, maybe you are his ideal girl? Who can argue with that? In his mind, you are the most beautiful. So just enjoy being with him. As long as both people are happy, I don't see a problem.

I've seen so many different pairings, and all of them are beautiful! No shame or hate needs to be thrown anyone's way just because someone else doesn't think they fit together.

In my own experience, I find it's mostly our own views of ourselves that hold us back. Most people are way too busy with their daily lives to even notice a couple. If they do, then they have too much time on their hands :P

What Guys Said 25

• Go with it; f&*k what everyone else thinks.

• It depends on if he is ok with it. In my last relationship I was WAY out of my girlfriends league and the feeling that I could do better caused the death of our relationship after two years. So if he is happy with being our of your league then it's ok, but if he isn't (or he gets convinced otherwise by people) then it WILL ruin your relationship.

• certainly nothing wrong with it if you two like each other.

• 1 que 2 mak it easy 4 u:
    will u marry the guy or the public?
    sorry if that was rude but stop thinking that he should have someone better than u bcoz the guy u think deserves better has chosen u among the "better" which proves u r better in his opinion and thats it 4 u. critics r all around, just njoy ur lyf ;)

• if he wants to be with you he's not out of your league

• I guess then

• there is no problem, the only problem is you thinking he's out of your league, have a higher opinion of yourself, your clearly worth it if he's with you. its probably all in your head :)

• Thanks:)

• There is no such things as "out of your league". That "out of your league" feeling is only an illusion that is created by yourself. Instead, you should improve yourself so that you will have more self-confidence to attract him.

• Why are you wasting your time worrying about what people who have no bearing on your life, think oi your choices? Do what you want, with who you want and never explain your self to anybody.

• Who cares what others think. If you two really like each other then date him. Why let others dictate who you should or shouldn't date.

• If he loves you then why worry what people say, if people look tell them to get a life.

• There are no "leagues" for gods sake. You are in the league of your own. The reason he's with you is cause you earned him. Now make it worth it. Don't let anybody say any different.

• perfectly fine, i don't really believe there is such thing as a league as looks isn't everything in a relationship

• if he likes you don't worry about it. and everyone else is just jealous

• Why would you think that anyone would be better than you to him?

• It is a good idea to stop believing in "leagues".

• It's neither a good idea nor a bad idea.

• sure, but make sure to work on improving your shortcomings.

• "out of league"

it 2015. life short. Go for what you want. stop caring.

• leagues ae nothing but shallow illusion, nothing more.

• It's his decision.

• Maybe he just doesn't give a damn, appreciate it

• its fishy to date someone out of your league they might cheat if they dont commit as much as you do

• dem insecurities though. be content the way it is.. .

• Fuck the haters. I'm not the best looking guy in the world, but I consistently date hotties because I'm one of the few guys who isn't a total pussy who's afraid to talk to them and ask them out. I get the same looks from jealous guys, and I laugh about it, because if these other guys were so great, they'd have a hot girl rather than having to hate on other guys who actually had the balls to go for what he wants. I say be happy about what you have and ignore the noise.

• Leagues don't exist.

• No guy is out your league.

• Trust me many guys are...

• I'm not a white knight. I don't give a damn about Chivalry. I think rankings change with each person. Kate Upton is ugly as fuck. That Lima model isn't that hot to me. Yet probably you and everybody else think they are 9 or 10s. Everybody has their own view of what is and isn't hot and how hot you think you are doesn't make a difference as to how hot you think someone else is.

I guess people value different things in life.

• Are you even the real Roostah?

What Girls Said 13

• I've always hated it when people make comments like that before they even know the person because there's a lot more to people than superficial details, but all kinds of people speak like that and you really can't stop them. Even some of my friends who care little about their appearance don't hesitate to speak like that when looking at wedding photos. I guess it's something that's noticed, but it doesn't mean much more than that. At the end of the day, what people who don't mean much to you think about you matters less than the wonderful guy you wanna spend your days with who just happens to be "out of your league" in their views.

• Yes it's 100% fine. I feel like my boyfriend is out of my league and everything. Everytime I ever said that to him. He would get really annoyed and say "that's just stupid who cares?"

The more you think about how he's out of your league and what everyone else says. The more unhappy you and the guy your with is going to be. Ignore all of that and just enjoy being with him. ^^

• If someone is “out of your league” how do you get with them in the first place?
    I think if you get them it shows you're adequate and just fine. That means the stares of other people don't matter because they're ignoring that both parties (the people actually IN the relationship) are happy with each other.

• People can fuck off! lol. If you are happy with this guy and he's not using you then who cares how people look at you? Gay people used to be publicly judged and slandered but they didn't stop them from showing the world how they felt about their partner!

• As long as he doesn't think that
    I dated a guy who was a model and he made a few comments about being better looking... Needless to say it didn't last long
    If you care about each other then fuck what everyone else thinks. As long as he thinks you're beautiful that's the only standard you should go by in my opinion

• There are no "leagues", and unless you're extremely shallow, you probably shouldn't care too much about them. Date whoever you want.

• I associate good looking with manipulative behaviour and arrogance.

• There are no leagues. Just two diamonds among garbage people.

• He might leave you if you continue to complain about being 'out of his league'. Imagine that?

• Screw what the public thinks - if you two are happy, you'd be crazy to let that go.

• Be confident! Obviously he likes something about you and you him. What on earth is the problem?

• You shouldn't care what others think of you and your relationship.

• No. Date within your league