Would you date a former fat person?

Not someone who is fat by the time you dated them, but someone who was really big and worked really hard to slim down and is now at a healthy weight. Would you give that guy or girl a chance? :)

This is kind of what happened to me. I used to be big, but after dieting and exercising, I am nearly at the ideal weight. Just 20 or 30 pounds more and I'll be good.

• Yeah, definitely!
  • Possibly.
  • No! Neverrrr! 😡😡😡

Most Helpful Guy

• I know a few girls from my primary schools who were chubby and even borderline fat. They weren't attractive at all.

But some miracle occurred... Something that would change their lives forever.

They became some of the most stunning girls! (One of them looked like a little bit of Angelina Joline).

It was after a few years into highschool where the changes happened. I would date them any day!

Being fat does not make you permanently unattractive. It's just something that covers your body that hides your physical defintion. Shed it, and your 'inner' beauty has a chance to shine.

Most Helpful Girl

• I sure as hell would! If they have managed to lose that much weight they must obviously be very disciplined and I even think some people that used to be overweight but have managed to get back to a normal weight often have a better and healthier lifestyle than the people that are just skinny thanks to a high metabolism.

What Guys Said 20

• In a heartbeat, yeah.

I myself am on a bit of a weight loss journey. I was diagnosed with pretty severe hypothyroidism (and I also had a poor diet--not gonna try and deny it) over a year ago, and had gained weight.

By the time I hit my goal, I'll have lost eighty pounds, so I can totally relate.

• I would already date a slightly fat girl (not obese) -- a girl who is currently a bit fat but not obese. Now, suppose if I weren't like this (and if I were like: "I would never ever date a fat girl") -- then, the answer would have been -- it depends on why she became thin -- if she became thin just for looking attractive alone, I wouldn't date her (because after marriage, she no longer need to be thin, and will most likely become fat again). But if she rather became thin because of being health conscious, I would always date her.

• I would, I'm a former fat person myself who worked hard to lose weight and I don't intend to gain weight again. So, why not?

• Yeah by all means people deserve a chance but i would still date them whether they were big or not makes no difference to me. Just more of them for me to love. XD

• Your fine as you are now, Rainbow, but if you want to lose more, then that's fine too.

• I would want to date you even more sine it shows you got determination
    good luck on shedding the remaining pounds

• I'd be impressed that they made such a commitment to slim down. I fall for the person not the body.

• Sure I would! Why not? ;-)

• They have the best personalities, I would choose that girl over any other any day:)

• Of course. Why wouldn't I? It's not a problem anymore.

• Depends on how she looks at the time. But if I'm attracted to her then yes.

• Maybe depends on the excess skin 😁

• Lol I can see that. Really obese people tend to have loose skin when they lose a lot of weight. :p

• Yea it happens

But good job on losing weight! It's no easy task, I commend you for taking these steps at your agE.. good job

Just remember the last few pounds are much harder to lose then the first few

• Depends… IS SHE PRETTY?

That's ALWAYS what it comes down to with me!

• Yesterday there was a cute fat chick in the bus, she seemed like she didn't want a piece of me so maybe she has a bad taste.
    I was thinking like "would be stunning if I get a few pounds of her ^^" or maybe I was just drunk and horny

• The 3 who voted never though... wtf (btw voted definitely :) :)

• I think is pretty attractive when a person set a goal that difficult and exceeded that goal.

• I find the hard work they put in more attractive than how skinny they are.

• Probably, I mean, as long as they're a good person, right?

• I would, but I'd dump her ASAP if she gained it all back.

• Yes I would.

What Girls Said 18

• Yes of course! It requires lots of determination and never easy to lose weight till they reach their healthy one. (:

• you have the tenacity to work hard for what you want and that is an amazing thing :)

• Uhm to be honest no, I wouldn't.

• First... just wanted to say congrats + HUGE UPS for your success so far xoxoxo
    Don't stop :)

Vote D = Only if we are mutually attracted & I didn't know them previously

• this is me right now...
    http://i.imgur.com/ngkwMWT.gif

• Yes, of course! I admire everyone who worked hard to get to a healthy weight. It is hard and requires a lot of dedication and self-control 👌

• Yes as I am a formerly fat person.
    Also it shows commitment and that their health is important to them.

• Absolutely! I'd respect their dedication and hard work.

• I'd even date a larger guy who is trying to lose weight as long as he was a nice guy.

• Why not? Lol

• Yea why not? I'm a bit fat myself

• Sure, why not?

• If you didn't tell them then how would they know?

• Well, if they didn't tell me, how would I even know? And if they do tell me, I'm sure it won't be the first thing they say...

• Of course!

• Yes Of course. I used to be fat myself, I weight 61kg 4 years ago thats like 134 lbs. so i wouldn't mind dating someone who was overweight as long as he's willing to lose the weight and be fit.

• I'd be the pot calling the kettle black. cause I used to be fat but the people who knew me then don't recognize me now. My crush used to be fat and he's really hot now. So yes I would date a former fat person.

• Of course!!