He says "innapropiate" things?

So me and my guy have been going out a few months. He is very humerous and I do love that about him, but sometimes he can cross the line. A few nights ago we were on the phone and he was scrolling on Facebook. He always does this thing where he says "ayyy" for anything. So he said it and I said "what happened" and he said "oh this girl was shaking her ass" I didn't know whether to laugh because I am a very conservative girl. (We haven't had sex). So I got upset and said "why do you always say gross stuff like that? And he said "why are you making a big deal? It was a joke".. So yeah it stemmed from there. Am I overreacting? This isn't the first time and when I told him I don't like it he said well that's the way i joke. Let me know thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's something that will never change so you have a decision to make if its a deal breaker or not

Most Helpful Girl

• If that's the way he jokes, then that's the way he jokes. I suggest finding someone who fits your conservative lifestyle instead of asking him to censor himself as a person.

What Guys Said 4

• If "this girl was shaking her ass" is the worst thing that he says, you are worrying about nothing.

• No, most women overreact like yourself. Face it, a lot of guys can be insensitive and It's up to you to determine whether you can put up with it or not. You'll see that in a lot of guys and what's important is to determine when a guy is joking vs. being deliberately hurtful which is what you certainly don't want. I've tended to be sarcastic in relationships myself and appreciate a woman who can tolerate it and see past it, but everyone is different and some can put up with it while others cannot.

• I think a compromise on both parts should be made... his sense of humour could be offensive and if he's making comments about women, knowing that you may get offended, I would expect him to tone it down. But, in the same token, he was kidding, and he was forthright enough to tell you what it was that he commented on, even if he said it just for a laugh...

• you aren't overreacting because he should respect you enough to stop if you ask him to, but at the same time, it's not that much of a big deal for you to get worked up over.

What Girls Said 2

• I think you're definitely overreacting. He sounds like a fun guy trying to have a light moment

• you're not overreacting.