Not a virgin... but never had sex with someone I liked?

I was a late bloomer when it came to women and didn't really start hooking up with them until the past 3 years. I am 20 years old and have never had a girlfriend; nor do I visualize myself having one anytime soon.

I have a lot of friends and get compliments about my looks and personality; but while I am social, I am an introvert at heart and like to be alone a decent amount of the time. That's not to say I am anti social, as I have no problem speaking to strangers or meeting new people (I actually like it); but my friends would describe me as someone who is independent.

For the past 3 years in college, at least one of my roommates was in a relationship. It's funny hearing my friends and their problems they face as boyfriends such as fights, what to buy them, etc. the reason is because I can never imagine myself being in their shoes. I don't know why, but it's depressing to me sometimes. I sometimes get frustrated and try to avoid them because it's annoying to me that I'm always the one that doesn't have one. Sure I sleep around with different girls and that makes me look like a "stud" to my guy friends, but it isn't as great as it seems and kind of lonely actually. I've only liked two people ever, and both times I was crushed when things didn't end on my terms. It did motivate me to improve myself though. I'm someone who is confident but hard himself in general, which is why being heartbroken can be devastating to someone like me (not rejection). Has anyone else experienced something similar? I know I'll get the "you'll find the one response" but I just can't see it. Maybe because I never had one before? Except I have had close friendships with girls which is kind of similar.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Read 1 Corinthians Chapter 13, verses 4-7 in the Bible.

• That is a powerful verse. Thank you for the insight. It is just frustrating to me.