Girls, if a man like clothes and fashion, is it a turn off?

I'm not gay, but I love clothes shopping and men's fashion. Armani watches, Levi jeans, CK and Ted Baker etc

My female friend teases me about it consistantly, I thought women would like a man who's well dressed.

Thanks for the comments girls, I'll be proud of it from now on and I've found it to be a nice conversation starter.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• You care about the way you look and take pride in it
    I'm that way too.
    I see nothing wrong with it.

She's trying to stereotype.
    She wouldn't blink twice if you were a girl into fashion.

My advice is, who cares what she says and stay true to yourself.
    If fashion is what you love then continue buying.

What Girls Said 29

• dude my boyfriend loves getting pedicures, fixing his hair, and wearing certain outfits. and trust me... he is far from gay. lol if men can tolerate us women taking our time to look good, then us women should do the same for men. you like, what you like... no judgements should be passed on that.

• NOOOOOOO! No no no no!
    This is great! I'd love a guy who takes good care of himself and who could follow me while going shopping!
    What's wrong with your friend, by the way? She should be glad to have you! You could even give her fashion advice!

• Lol our fashion tastes are very different, she's more of a grunge style and I'm more of a designer label/sophisticated look.

• That's probably why she thinks it's "weird" that you dress well, her style is very different!

• Definitely not. A good sense of style makes a guy way more attractive. Keep doing your thing.

• No, that's great. Well-dressed is always attractive. If that's who you are, rock it with confidence. Some girls may find it "gay" and some girls may find it intimidating, but most find it attractive :)

• No actually I wouldn't mind at all, sometimes people laugh about height as I am 5'9" but I don't take it to the heart, so relax and just love it

• I wouldn't say it's a turn off. I like a man who's well dressed. As long as he doesn't spend an appalling amount of money on clothes, it's a good thing.

• I don't spend too much, I have a few bits and pieces that are very expensive for what they are like Fred Perry T-Shirts but I only spend what I can afford.

• No, I think its sexy af that you know your shit. More guys these days should know what to wear in my opinion. But one gripe that I do have is that you shouldn't be too much of a girl when it comes to clothes getting messed up. Things spill, clothes crease. It happens. Don't get too attached to your clothes.

• Lol my boyfriend is the same way. I'll poke fun at him for having more shoes than me sometimes, but I love him and the way he dresses ^_^

• Yeah, great if we have similar taste in fashion.

• no it just means that you have a sort of tom boyish interest in fashion

• Depends on how you dress. If you dress manly and not in a feminine way why not?
    It's good to have style.

• I love it! When a guy know how to dress up and be in style :)

• If it not like, an obsession, it is just fine. I think it is important for a man to care about his looks and know a few girls that share my point of view :)

• No its just a hobby

• depends on the girl personally it's a turn off for me

• No it's a huge turn-on for me, as I take pride in my appearance and fashion, and so should he.

• There's nothing wrong with a guy who likes to dress well

• Fashionable guys are attractive, in my opinion

• I think it depends! I love a guy with fashion, I do! But it's just certain articles of clothing that really make me guess their sexuality. Which is probably a bad thing, haha. But, don't worry, it shouldn't be a problem in the dating world.

• not sure, i once liked a guy who was really into fashion, when I get to reallyy know him I didn't get to like him like i thought I did. i think it's nice that a guy dress well and be sexy, but the guy I talked about some of his pictues and selfies were too much.

• I find it annoying that every guy always has to start off with..."but I'm not gay." Gay men aren't the only ones who like fashion. You have only to look at a red carpet appearance to know that, so you should drop that qualifier. Me personally, I'd much rather have a guy who liked to shop, keep himself up, look good, then one that thinks wearing a t-shirt and jeans works for every occasion. I think more men used to understand that in the past, though we had different rules for dressing back then anyway, but we've lost that... for women too. Take pride in yourself, love what you love, and do you. You'll be happier for it.

• I love it when guys like fashion.

• If anything it's a turn on

• I think some girls have a type, whether that is like scruffy, emo, clean cut, sporty etc
    And fashionable is a type. Not that you can be put into a box like that, obviously you are a person and there's more to you, but in terms of style it falls into a category. It's the same with girls, you have the emo girls, the princesses, uber feminine, sporty, and fashion girls. The way they dress, their hobbies and general priorities is what puts them into a type category. Their personalities vary widely, but they still fall into this broad category.
    So some girls might not be into you because of that, and those girls aren't right for you. Other girls will adore the fact that you care, that you can shop with them and that you get why a $400 dress is totally worth it.

• It's not a Turn off to me unless he has a really bad personality

• Hello no. Kudos to you. What I would give for a guy who knows his fashion and dresses up really nice. Heck I would ask you to dress up really nice just to stop them clothes off of you! Haha

• I love a guy who takes pride in his grooming, hygiene, & style of dress :)

Appearance is everything!

• nah its good. it shows you care about your appearance. Now days, guys care about fashion and trends and stuff.

• No, well dressed is a great thing
    As long as you don't obsessively talk about it or something